Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
BeyondAwesome wrote:
So, I bought an entire Event Kit. Essentially, it only comes with one complete set of Havens So, yah, getting those is going to be crazy hard. I don't know why AEG made the Havens such a low print run.

So all 40 havens cards are different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm extremely puzzled by AEG's decision on this very kit and its groundbreaking mechanisms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arman Khodaei
United States
California
flag msg tools
fizolof wrote:
What do Havens do, anyway? Can you share some rules?

btw my contact confirms the contents, wrote:
40 Havens cards
8 Gaia's Sanctuary
400 card sleeves (8 unique sets of 50)
8 sets of 3 promo advancements
8 sets of 3 promo vales
2 Playmats
Rulebook

I've got some pictures but they're of poor quality.

Yah, I have actually made an unboxing video. I'm just trying to trim it down a little.

Essentially, there's a deck of 40 Havens. There are 4 copies of each Haven. You deal out 7 Havens. If a Haven gets bought, you add another. It does say if you are running a tournament of 8 people (two playgroups) it does say to deal out 7 to each group that is playing.

Essentially, Havens let you save advancements from game to game. So, you buy the card, sleeve it and then add advancements later on. In future games, you pay a cost to flip the Haven which gives you access to the cards you sleeved on it. Also, the winner gets a Bonus Haven that lets them sleeve up to three advancements for future games.

The most interesting thing is the cost of Havens. Some of them you pay in VP. Others a combo of mana, spirit mana, and VP. Also, you pay to flip them like you would a leader.

Anyway, I hope to have my unboxing video up later today/Friday the latest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the names of the havens:

Quote:
4 x Fey folk Reliquary
4 x Ring of Guardians
4 x World bearer
4 x Sunshard Temple
4 x Haeavenlight Aerie
4 x Treetop Sanctum
4 x Anointed Fountainhead
4 x Bastion Of Power
4 x Spirit Totems
4 x Frostpeak Fortress
8 x Gai's Sancturary

Worth nothing that my reseller has mentioned a cloth mat also. Definitely grabbing one. It's weirdly put though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arman Khodaei
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yes, two cloth mats. 8 promo packs. One set of Havens

My guess is that the playmats are meant as prizes and for some weird reason, AEG thought people would just want the normal promos and not care about the Havens. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeyondAwesome wrote:
Yes, two cloth mats. 8 promo packs. One set of Havens

My guess is that the playmats are meant as prizes and for some weird reason, AEG thought people would just want the normal promos and not care about the Havens. whistle

They probably assumed that for the spirit tokens and I think these were more popular than the promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arman Khodaei
United States
California
flag msg tools
With the spirit tokens, there were 8 sets. I think they got it right with the first event kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I have the names of the havens:

Quote:
4 x Fey folk Reliquary
4 x Ring of Guardians
4 x World bearer
4 x Sunshard Temple
4 x Haeavenlight Aerie
4 x Treetop Sanctum
4 x Anointed Fountainhead
4 x Bastion Of Power
4 x Spirit Totems
4 x Frostpeak Fortress
8 x Gai's Sancturary

Worth nothing that my reseller has mentioned a cloth mat also. Definitely grabbing one. It's weirdly put though.

So, you can split them in 4 without damaging the experience, as their main use it to link several games together - though I'd love to run this mini-tournament at home.

Raz - as I put it on the list, there are two playmats. I was hoping for some bling, but they're just many rectangles for cards with some bland graphic underlay. Nice addition nonetheless, but it could've been much more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have a whole kit to break down too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say that the Havens are cool, but difficult to use. The costs of purchasing them can be prohibitive (though it is an investment). Some of the Havens will only provide one mana unless you put another advancement on them (the advancement is then added to it for future games). The other issue is that in those future games you must again pay a cost (different from the original cost) to flip it over, sort of like a leader. In the meantime it provides (usually) one mana. Good, but worth the cost? Sometimes.

I had a haven that I never added an advancement to because I wanted it to be amazing! Before I could do it, game over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arman Khodaei
United States
California
flag msg tools
It took longer than expected to make this, but here is my impressions video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't work for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmb
Yep, some broken link.
Is this yours?:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it weird that on the back of the box the advancements shown are those of the previous event kit, but in the box they aren't.

Also the mats are neoprene when I've been told they were cloth. But good news for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmb
Waitaminute. Are all 8 pack of sleeves are the same? Am I seeing this right? That's not what I expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arman Khodaei
United States
California
flag msg tools
fizolof wrote:
Yep, some broken link.
Is this yours?:

Yup. Don't know what happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arman Khodaei
United States
California
flag msg tools
fizolof wrote:
Waitaminute. Are all 8 pack of sleeves are the same? Am I seeing this right? That's not what I expected.

All 8 are the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a disappointment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the sleeves all being the same was super annoying. We had to very carefully keep our decks separated. The cards that move cards from one deck to another were extra hard to undo after a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Speth
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I ended up seeing a good deal on ebay to get all of the stuff except the playmat so I went ahead and got it. I didn't even want the playmat actually, I still can't figure out the point of it. Nobody I have seen lays their cards out sideways like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
olanmills
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So is the only way a normal person can buy this is to buy it off of the Geek Market or eBay, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
olanmills wrote:
So is the only way a normal person can buy this is to buy it off of the Geek Market or eBay, etc?

It isn't released through normal channels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having received it:

The mat is really nice. It does fit in the conclave box, rolled, if you don't mid not being able to fully close the box.

There's only one rulebook, so if you divide, only 1 person will know how to play the campaign game.

The sleeves are indeed all the same, and are needed to play with Havens. That's puzzling. If you intend to play with 4 you'll need 2 sets of sleeves. With 5 or 6 you need 3. That's because Havens are shuffled in your deck as additional cards.

The event must have been quite feel-bad, as players go home with only the Havens they've bought during the campaign.

It's a very, very puzzling product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmb
Raz,
couple of questions:
- how's the box not closing with the mat? One of the three longside compartments in the box should have more than enough space for it.
- did you receive the same backside picture on the sleeves as in the above unboxing video?

This kit seems indeed puzzling, especially when nobody runs MV event
It could've easily been a promo pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fizolof wrote:
Raz,
couple of questions:
- how's the box not closing with the mat? One of the three longside compartments in the box should have more than enough space for it.
- did you receive the same backside picture on the sleeves as in the above unboxing video?

Jarek,

The mat is just slightly too large to fit in a compartment, so it has to stick out of bit, at an angle of 45°.

All the sleeves were the same, yes, depicting the cover art for Twilight Garden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.