Subject: Group Buy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Gilbert
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a good deal on ebay for 1 of everything plus 3 of the advancements- no mat. There are still 2 available for about 16 shipped as of this writing. I jumped on the deal and I apologize if that messes with the group buy.
-Jared
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

The sleeves are indeed all the same, and are needed to play with Havens. That's puzzling.

Why exactly are those sleeves needed to play with Havens? Is it cause your supposed to take one extra one from the leftovers?

We should have extra sleeves that came with the base game (and maybe some expansions). I'm wondering if we could just have a stack of extra sleeves next to the Havens area and players take one when they buy a Haven.

Seems easier than having to sort through all decks if you have cards that move from player to player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

The sleeves are indeed all the same, and are needed to play with Havens. That's puzzling.

Why exactly are those sleeves needed to play with Havens? Is it cause your supposed to take one extra one from the leftovers?

We should have extra sleeves that came with the base game (and maybe some expansions). I'm wondering if we could just have a stack of extra sleeves next to the Havens area and players take one when they buy a Haven.

Seems easier than having to sort through all decks if you have cards that move from player to player

You have because the havens are double-sided and if will greatly affect your push to know that the next card is indeed, a haven loaded with advancements, since havens go into your deck as an additional card and you can flip them and then sleeve advancements on them.

Cards that move from deck to deck don't happen that often, so it's not worth really taking that into consideration IMO.

I haven't looked yet if there are alternative art sleeves available

Also, if you divide the pack, only 1 will get to keep the rules that explain how to play the Havens.

I have mailed John D. Clair and he told me the Havens weren't meant to be played outside of an organized event, too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
belial1134 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

You have because the havens are double-sided and if will greatly affect your push to know that the next card is indeed, a haven loaded with advancements, since havens go into your deck as an additional card and you can flip them and then sleeve advancements on them.

That makes sense. Aren't the leaders double sided though? I think I only played with them once so I'm a bit foggy on why those are okay with clear sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
That makes sense. Aren't the leaders double sided though? I think I only played with them once so I'm a bit foggy on why those are okay with clear sleeves?

Leaders are indeed double-sided, but they are not treated as a 21st card, as they are sleeved on a blank card from your starting deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Right but wouldn’t there still be the same pushing your luck to get it just like if you sleeved a haven card in a clear extra aleeve?

I picked up the event kit and trying to figure out if I really want to keep the card sleeve that came with it.

I can’t figure out the best way to split it up and sell what I don’t need

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Right but wouldn’t there still be the same pushing your luck to get it just like if you sleeved a haven card in a clear extra aleeve?

No because you will see that it's a haven card and which one, and so it will be 100% safe to push.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Speth
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
The set of stuff I got from ebay had a color copied version of the instructions along with it. It was very nicely done by the seller. That does create some extra work if you are dividing it up, but it is a possible solution.

Also, if you guys play using the mat, let me know how it goes. Seems like it would be annoying to try to read everything sideways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fogdog alpha wrote:
The set of stuff I got from ebay had a color copied version of the instructions along with it. It was very nicely done by the seller. That does create some extra work if you are dividing it up, but it is a possible solution.

Also, if you guys play using the mat, let me know how it goes. Seems like it would be annoying to try to read everything sideways.

Oh that's really nice of the seller.

I did just (like 10 seconds ago) played with mat.

One player on each side, so the advancements are to be read sideways and vales I were on the opposite side of me and vales II on the side of me.

It really didn't bother me, I quite enjoyed it actually

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who did buy one, how are you splitting it up?

Gaia's Sanctuary is a haven so it really won't do anyone any good to receive one by itself, correct?

And is anyone splitting their havens deck or keeping all 40 cards?

I sold off one play mat already, but just don't know the best way to sell off the extra promo cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keeping two copies of each haven and 4 of the sanctuary.

John said to create a deck of 7 Haven at the start of the game, so you don't all 40 of them.
Also repeated ones are fine.

Since I'm playing with 2, each having the possibility to grab one copy is fine by me. More sounds like too many.
With 4 (since it was designed for 8) it still seems fine to me.

Since you can have multiple Sanctuaries if you win several games I'm thinking 4 copies is safe for 4 games (or up to 400 points )

I'm keeping 200 sleeves too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan McMurray
United States
Rudolph
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I sold off one play mat already, but just don't know the best way to sell off the extra promo cards

How much do you think you want for a set of advancements and vales, and, if you're willing to part with one, a pack of sleeves? The more I think about it the less I care about having the havens. Initially the way sleeves were distributed also bothered me (because they were all the same in the box) but I saw that AEG have the different types for sale on their site for $10 a pack, so if I want them badly enough I know where to get them.

The advancements and some sleeves are on ebay for a pretty reasonable price, but I'd rather keep my money in the community, as it were, if someone is looking to part with some pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
loungehead wrote:
Quote:

How much do you think you want for a set of advancements and vales, and, if you're willing to part with one, a pack of sleeves? The more I think about it the less I care about having the havens. Initially the way sleeves were distributed also bothered me (because they were all the same in the box) but I saw that AEG have the different types for sale on their site for $10 a pack, so if I want them badly enough I know where to get them.

The advancements and some sleeves are on ebay for a pretty reasonable price, but I'd rather keep my money in the community, as it were, if someone is looking to part with some pieces.

I could do 1 set of advancements and vales + 1 pack of sleeves. Make me an offer (shoot me a Geekmail, please). I really haven't researched what they are going for on Ebay yet since I had no idea how to break it up.

I do have another play mat for sale if anyone is interested, geekmail me.

I will run all sales thru BGG marketplace so they get their cut .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
fogdog alpha wrote:
Nobody I have seen lays their cards out sideways like that.

I respectfully disagree. I always layout the vale cards perpendicular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Speth
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Alright, I stand corrected. Out of curiosity might I ask why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOGB
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize this is almost a month old but if anyone still wants the promos or a mat, shoot me a GM. We can set up something on the marketplace so bgg can get their cut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.