Popular Tags: [View All]
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oceans is the most epic game our company has ever tackled and we want it to succeed. So I'm posting the first draft of the Oceans video here to help build excitement.

Posting any feedback below would be very helpful (keep in mind this is the 1st draft of the 1st half of the video). There is also a thread designed to build anticipation for 2019 board game releases. We've been encouraged to bribe our fans... so we will (see below). If you are excited about this game, please go there and vote for Oceans. Thanks!

BRIBE: Free Mini-Expansions
If Oceans wins the Overall category, we will post a free Print & Play mini expansion for Evolution: CLIMATE and The Quacks of Quedlinburg on our website. If Oceans wins any category we will post the free print & play CLIMATE mini-expansion on our website.

Enjoy the back cover of the Oceans box. These monstrous tentacles will be reaching around to the (other) front of the box to grab at the whale.

Don't worry if you're confused. That's just the seams of your reality being pulled apart by scientific phenomenon too outlandish to be believed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have anything constructive to add, other than that video was beautiful and really cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
I don't have anything constructive to add, other than that video was beautiful and really cool

Thanks. We're really happy with the team. They're great to work with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good! Very good at creating a setting and a mood.

The only thing I can point out is the dark blue text on the dark blue background right at the start. It is only present for a short moment, so for people that aren't quick readers, I think the text should stand out a bit more. Either a light edge to the letters, or make the letters lighter in color. I even had a slight problem picking out the top row of letters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parker
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the mini expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super cool! Looking forward to getting the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CenozoicMatt wrote:

We've been meaning to release a mini expansion that gives the climate momentum. It's pretty simple, but it adds a nice bit of long-term strategy to the climate side of the game.

It just takes time to put everything together and write up the rules and edit it and create the print files and then print the expansion and follow through with the logistics. Every year I expect to have it ready for GenCon and something else comes up that seem more important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
CenozoicMatt wrote:

We've been meaning to release a mini expansion that gives the climate momentum. It's pretty simple, but it adds a nice bit of long-term strategy to the climate side of the game.

It just takes time to put everything together and write up the rules and edit it and create the print files and then print the expansion and follow through with the logistics. Every year I expect to have it ready for GenCon and something else comes up that seem more important.

But it will be ready as an add-on for Oceans? Perhaps together with Promo Pack 3 which is almost impossible to get outside of the US, unless you want to sell your kidney? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That, I can guarantee, is a no. I'm slammed with Oceans. This is the biggest game project we've ever tackled by a huge margin. I love big projects, but perhaps I'll have to tone it down a bit for the next one. I've been up till 1pm for the past few months working after the kids go to bed and I don't see that changing until half way into April.

It'll all be worth it in the end!
(I keep telling myself)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfectly understandable. Chronic stress and lack of family time is not worth it, especially not for a board game. Take it slow the next couple of weeks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
Perfectly understandable. Chronic stress and lack of family time is not worth it, especially not for a board game. Take it slow the next couple of weeks!

Thanks. That's really nice to hear. For now, everyone in my family is supportive which is the most important thing. They understand how important this project is to me. The best part is that my son loves Oceans (and is a bit addicted to the Deep) so he's extra supportive. His enthusiasm is one of the things that drives me.

I think it'll all be worth it as long as I take a breather in April, so that's my plan for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.