Subject: End of Chapter 3 question (spoilers) - After Haunt #40 heroes' win rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing that haunt number and chapter number together wouldn't be a spoiler. If people think it is, I can change the subject.

So we finished Haunt #40. The heroes defeated the traitor.

Keep in mind that we haven't started chapter 4, so there may be something there that makes my question a moot point. But for now I'm assuming there isn't.

So the collapsed room says that when you discover the tile, you immediately fall to the basement. But that's where the cat would be found. And if you find the cat, you get a boon.

Would you get the boon before you fell to the basement?

Though honestly, if chapter 4 does replace the cat with a different animal, then feel free to say that much. Just knowing that it's not an issue will help out too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger C
msg tools
Pretty sure before you fall in the basement you resolve everything on the collapsed room first, which means yes, you resolve the cat's trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
At the top of page 10 in the rules is a checklist of how to resolve tiles.

But, yes, you meet the cat before falling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
We had a similar situation. A room had an Event icon, then the Inhabitant.

The rules say to resolve them left to right, so we did the event. The result cause the character to then move to another room, so we ruled they could no longer get the bonus from interacting with the Inhabitant (but still move the Inhabitant to the new room).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobDaviau wrote:
yes, you meet the cat before falling.

And the cat just watches coolly as you plummet past it, then wanders off to find something more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KogarashiKaze wrote:
RobDaviau wrote:
yes, you meet the cat before falling.

And the cat just watches coolly as you plummet past it, then wanders off to find something more interesting.

Well, we did name the cat Simon the Asshole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.