Betrayal Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Tomb [Chp 2 Spoilers] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harry
United States
California
flag msg tools
I was a little too eager to destroy cards, and for some reason thought "the tomb" was a fancy way of saying destroy. As a result, after Chapter 2 I destroyed the Cook card. The next day I realized my mistake and since then I've been using the tomb properly.

Everywhere I look, I only see vague references to "the tomb" and whether or not I'll need those cards again later. Without spoiling too much, will I need the Cook card later in the campaign, and if so, can someone tell me her stats + ability so I'm prepared for that event? If I won't need it again until free play I'm not worried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Osterholm

College Station
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you didn’t know about the tomb, then you didn’t read the rules closely enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eriko wrote:
If you didn’t know about the tomb, then you didn’t read the rules closely enough.

Yes ... I see. I thought the OP was talking about an actual "Tomb" rather than the receptacle for removed cards.

Sorry OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acmeandco wrote:
Everywhere I look, I only see vague references to "the tomb" and whether or not I'll need those cards again later. Without spoiling too much, will I need the Cook card later in the campaign, and if so, can someone tell me her stats + ability so I'm prepared for that event? If I won't need it again until free play I'm not worried.

In the rules, they explain the differences between "back in the box" and "in the Tomb," specifically. "Back in the box" means return it to the box until the next chapter. "In the Tomb" means "under the insert until we tell you to retrieve it." Neither are "destroy," when you actually tear up items (or "bury," which is basically the discard pile, just on the bottom of the draw pile for a given deck). But I suppose you've figured that out by now. At least it was only one card.

Here's the Cook, for future reference.

Quote:
COOK

Speed: 2
Might: 4
Sanity: 3
Knowledge: 2

TALK: Place your figure on any Landing tile. This does not cost a move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rao Gung
msg tools
mbmbmb
We did the same thing. Thankfully WotC was cool enough to send me a replacement card. Give them a call maybe they can hook you up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
We did the same thing in our group.
Without any spoilers past chapter two: We taped up the card realizing it mentioned 'tomb' rather than 'destroy' - is there going to be a situation where we need to shuffle cards in the tomb? If so, would it be worth trying to get a replacement/temp Inhabitant card?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I think it might be helpful in future iterations of this game if there was something inside the box that indicated "Tomb" or was a box that held cards that were told to go into the tomb. We just kept them down the side of the plastic insert of the box until we needed to fish them out again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.