Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2019 Fire & Ice convention (in Manitowoc, WI) is fast approaching, and our tradition - ten years in a row now - is to have a no-ship math trade.

This is a no-ship math trade. That means you don't have to pay shipping costs. It's a great way for you to trade with other local gamers, getting rid of those unwanted or underplayed games for other things you might want to try at no cost.

Even if you can't make it to the con, there are plenty of us who attend and we will be more than happy to be your proxy at the exchange - although it's always great to see you there.

Here are the links to the trade and request lists:

Trade GeekList: Fire & Ice 2019 - The Math Trade

Request GeekList: Fire & Ice 2019 - The Math Trade - Request List

Open for posting games: now until Monday, February 11th, 10pm.

Want list submission period: Monday, February 11th, 10pm to Monday, February 18th at 10pm.

Want lists and results will be publicly posted shortly thereafter.

Please see the trade GeekList for rules etc, and feel free to ask questions here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The 2019 Fire & Ice Convention Math Trade
This is now available in the OLWLG, for those of you who like to use that tool to add your items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gallmann
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jack for running this for another year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jessica carter
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This is the first time I'm going to try the Math trade. How do I list a board game that have expansions too. I want to submit my small world that I have expansions for. Or do I need to separate the expansions and list them separate?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Jessica...

Bundling them is fine.

Choose the base game and then, in the description, simply add links to each of the expansions using the dropdown. The OLWLG will then display these in both step 3 and step 4 of the process when people are making their want lists.

Remember to include the condition/language of each (if appropriate).

Oh and here's 30GG to celebrate your inaugural participation in a math trade. Buy yourself a nice avatar and wear it with pride!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. M.
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I find your lack of faith disturbing. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the Game Master.
mbmbmbmbmb

Jack thanks again for taking on the Math Trade task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a week for people to add items, but we're already at 384 - and not crappy stuff, there's a lot of really good stuff on offer...

If you know people who are coming - or if you want to offer to proxy for some of your friends who aren't - let them know... let's make this a really good one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus Wilda
msg tools
mb
when i'm checking the boxes on the want list in step 4. am i saying that i will trade all these games for the one i want? or am i saying i will trade any of these games for the one i want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each box that you check indicates "I will trade this particular entry of mine for this single offering made by someone else".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus Wilda
msg tools
mb
Ok so I’m not trading all my games for one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

You check a box and all that means is that you're willing to trade the entry in the column (your item) for the entry in the row (the other person's item).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus Wilda
msg tools
mb
is there any way to rank the games that you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TreMobster wrote:
is there any way to rank the games that you want?

Only by "valuing" games higher by saying you would give from a larger subset of your items for said games. You can give each game you want a "value" and then give each game you have a "value" and match them up that way - and if you want a game more than another one, give it a higher value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus Wilda
msg tools
mb
excellent. thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are still three days to add more items, but we're already over 550 items...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Over 600 items, and really good quality entries.

You still have a day to jump in or add items if you want to...

Proxies may be available if you can't make it, so feel free to ask!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a late influx of items, we've not only broken the record for this event, but we've left it in the dust. That said, the true measure of success of a math trade isn't in the number of items, or even the quality (although this event has a nice high quality too), but in the final percentage of items trading - so we'll have to see how that goes...

Speaking of which, we're now open for want list submissions.

I always like to remind people that there's no shipping in this event, so if you see something you want remember that you don't have to pay shipping costs in this trade. It's an event where trading down in "value" is more of an option to me, or trading for things just out of curiousity, because I'm not paying shipping on top of that - of course, what you do is up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had some pretty fast submissions so far.

449 of the 807 items and 12 of the 21 participants.

Enough to make it worth a quick trial run.

52 items are trading (11.6%) at this time, and 11 of the 12 users who have submitted their lists are making at least one trade. The person who doesn't have one yet, unsurprisingly, is the one with very short want lists (of course, they just may not be interested in anything else - rather than trying to target certain items - in which case they may not mind)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two thirds of the people participating have submitted their want lists already (14 out of 21, for those who are keeping count).

As of this moment in time, all 14 people are making at least one trade with three people in double digits - one of them is me, which shouldn't surprise anyone because I put things on my wishlists that I don't really care about, just to "grease the wheels" and increase the number of trades for everyone...

I can do that, because there's no shipping involved.

94 out of 635 items are changing hands (14.8%). We'll see how that changes when the other 7 people submit the missing 172 items.

The people who have not yet submitted are:

# alcazar84 (11)
# backpacker (84)
# Carterj1386 (5)
# D Erasmus (26)
# dead jawa (7)
# evilsprayer (33)
# jmcgee (13)

If you see your name on this list and thought that you had submitted, let me know and I can help talk you through the process.

===

One other thing - please check your want lists for any bad errors. In the past, I've sometimes seen people trading down massively (for example trading a $50 for a promo card worth a few dollars) and have warned them.

Unfortunately, due to a change in the way that the OLWLG creates the official summary, all you get are numbers and not codes constructed from the names of the items.

For example, the summary used to say something like:

0036-TTR

Now it uses the ID for the Geeklist item and looks like:

This means that I can no longer scan test runs and spot obvious errors, because the results now look like:

(ANGLOTIGER) 6484247 receives (JSMITH) 6717473 and sends to (TBROWN) 6713833

Remember that you're expected to honour your trades, even if made in error, so please check through your lists just to be sure. A mistake where you are at least not losing much in value is annoying but tolerable, but I don't want someone to really feel screwed because of an error and I'm no longer in a position to help much with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
15 out of 21 people participating have submitted their want lists...

As of this moment in time, all 15 people are making at least one trade with three people in double digits.

110 out of 668 items are changing hands (16.5%). We'll see how that changes when the other 6 people submit the missing 146 items.

# alcazar84 (11)
# backpacker (84)
# Carterj1386 (5)
# D Erasmus (26)
# dead jawa (7)
# jmcgee (13)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than three days to go!

16 out of 21 people participating have submitted their want lists...

As of this moment in time, all 16 people are making at least one trade with three people in double digits.

113 out of 679 items are changing hands (16.6%). We'll see how that changes when the other 6 people submit the missing 135 items.

# backpacker (84)
# Carterj1386 (5)
# D Erasmus (26)
# dead jawa (7)
# jmcgee (13)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're down to 4 people left to submit their want lists...

# backpacker (84)
# D Erasmus (26)
# dead jawa (7)
# jmcgee (13)

So far, all 17 people who have submitted are making at least one trade.

114 items are changing hands (16.7%).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Raabe
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OLWLG stopped working?

I was going through step 3 when the page stopped working. I'd added 6 wants just fine, then the check boxes stopped working. I reloaded the page and I just get it with the one final item on the list now. It does have the message I'm only viewing new items, and to see the whole list click here, but the underlined click here isn't a link. It's just text that does nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be working now. Maybe a hiccup in the system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Raabe
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the URL for the full step 3 list? Because I can't get to it via https://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/viewlist.cgi?listid=25225... or https://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/viewlist.cgi?listid=25225...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.