Subject: Moving and the Ground Floor Starting Tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

the Moving section of the rules states:

rulebook wrote:
You use 1 move for each tile you leave.

All the tiles that we have at the start of the game are a 1 room tile except for the Ground Floor Starting tile that has 3 rooms but since the wording is 1 move for each tile you leave and not each room does this mean that all the 3 rooms in the ground floor are considered to be the same for moving? Even the doors between those rooms are different than the ones connecting to other tiles.

We didn't thought they are considered to be the same and that each room on the Ground Floor starting tile should be considered as their own tile but we wanted to be sure.

This would also have implication for other actions such as the Attack that says says for Unarmed Attack "choose a target in your Tile..."

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Movement in the original game was by "spaces" (usually one tile = one space, but the Ground Floor starting tile was three spaces because it has three distinct rooms), and there's nothing in the Legacy book to indicate that the Ground Floor starting tile is treated differently.

So I would say that in this case you should count the Ground Floor starting tile as three tiles that happen to be always connected to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Amanda... that's how we played and think it makes sense but the wording in the rules leaves it open to interpretation... never played the original game so I couldn't go by rules of that one

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the original even has an example diagram, where they specifically use the Ground Floor starting tile and show each room on it as a separate space, and Legacy doesn't mention that tile as a change from the original, so while I'm extrapolating, I feel it's a fair guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the situation we faced when we added the outside: the term "room" didn't work any more. But tile did.

However, in the process, we (mostly me) forgot that tiles are also physical things and the ground floor is both one physical tiles and three virtual tiles/space/rooms.

The ground floor is three spaces and requires three moves. Also, if you are in the entrance hall and someone is on the staircase, they are not on your "tile".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobDaviau wrote:
This was the situation we faced when we added the outside: the term "room" didn't work any more. But tile did.

I LOVE having the outside in this version. It's nicely atmospheric and well-designed. Additionally, having the events tied to specific regions makes good sense so you don't have, say, creaking floorboards outside by the pond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KogarashiKaze wrote:
RobDaviau wrote:

I LOVE having the outside in this version. It's nicely atmospheric and well-designed. Additionally, having the events tied to specific regions makes good sense so you don't have, say, creaking floorboards outside by the pond.

Nothing wrong with outdoor decking or boardwalks...

But, yeah, it's always slightly eyebrow-raising when a slide in the basement deposits you upstairs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.