Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
goldfenix wrote:
In the last turn perhaps. But Scandals are generally easy to dump for most of the game, and they are what give you the wonderful Manipulation cards while dumping them.

That's why I said "potentially". In the last round, the loss of at least 6 points (9 depending on the number of visitors) is unavoidable, not "perhaps". Also, you have to spend actions to get rid of scandals, and the spaces to do that are limited (only one in two-player games). Besides, getting manipulation cards is not such a wonderful compensation, as you can't possibly play them all and the effectiveness of many is really circumstantial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of nights ago I was playing a 3p game and had a watchtower with some raptors and a T-Rex. Since we were all playing a carnivore strategy goats were in high demand and I ended up one goat short of feeding everyone. I was still confident, after all I had the watchtower, but I rolled a skull and lost a visitor and gained a scandal token. We counted points and I was one point ahead of my wife because I had two DNA cards, but then I had to lose six points because of that scandal token. Needless to say my wife and daughter thought this was hilarious.

I also played another game were I created a pterodactyl without a biodome. I figured no big deal till I realized my Brontosaurus would also rampage. That didn't work out to well, but I managed to claw my way back and took second place. I definitely think it is viable to play a little reckless and personally have found it to be a fun strategy to explore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Ninja wrote:
I also played another game were I created a pterodactyl without a biodome. I figured no big deal till I realized my Brontosaurus would also rampage.

Been there, done that. There was just one more round, but I lost because of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.