Popular Tags: [View All]
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Haunt begins.
Should each side read the entire 'top' of their Haunt out loud with the other side present? Including set-up?

I understand you read italics but shouldn't set-up be important, too?

I believe reading the top should be 'public' to both sides.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark MacVicar
United States
California
flag msg tools
We’ve been forgetting to do all that and have made a few mistakes so I recommend it. Also see https://boardgamegeek.com/article/30968625#30968625 for official response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we do it, we each read our italicized flavor text, then split to read the rest and plan, and then go over setup out loud when back together. It also helps, at least on the heroes' side, that at the bottom it says which tokens are needed (I love that detail!), even if the heroes' setup doesn't mention what to do with them, so they can get that stuff out of the box for the traitor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Setup is meant to be done before splitting up (it's in the rules before the "Splitting up" heading. Part of the point of this is to avoid wasting time discussing/making plans that clearly won't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.