DinoGenics» Forums » General

Subject: Player boards deforming / bending up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ireland
Arklow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had my first game tonight and loved it! However, one thing I noticed was that everyone's park board was sort of curling up at the sides, like it was curling quite noticeably out of shape. Has anyone else seen this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First play today, and the bowing was quite noticeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
I had this too so I placed them under a bunch of books for 4 days or so. They seem fine now and the curling hasn't returned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digital Blaine
msg tools
mbmb
This happens to lots of products. Different climate from manufacturing country causes it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
digitalblaine wrote:
This happens to lots of products. Different climate from manufacturing country causes it.
seems to happen with double layer boards (Scythe has this issue). throw some desiccant packages in the box which should help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were OK. When I do need to press something flat, I have some Jane's Fighting Ships that are good for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
Arklow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, figured it was something to do with the double layed board and the different mass of the two layers expanding / contracting with temperature at different rates. That said, I've never seen it to this extent before and never had any problems with my Scythe boards. I live in Ireland too, which has a super mild climate. No weather extremes here!

Anyway, they're all currently being crushed under piles of books or other game boxes, so hopefully they'll be all sorted in a couple of days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grenard
msg tools
publisher
Branoic wrote:
Yeah, figured it was something to do with the double layed board and the different mass of the two layers expanding / contracting with temperature at different rates. That said, I've never seen it to this extent before and never had any problems with my Scythe boards. I live in Ireland too, which has a super mild climate. No weather extremes here!

Anyway, they're all currently being crushed under piles of books or other game boxes, so hopefully they'll be all sorted in a couple of days!

We've seen this behavior with about a third of the boards, based on rough estimates on the comments.

We're talking with Panda Games about this. They had let us know that this was one of the most elaborate double layer boards they've ever made, and that maybe they need to be held longer in the drying room before gluing.

I have my own boards under a few books right now as well. It seems to be working well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.