Subject: Older printing vs the new 6th printing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I think I can get hold of a 4th printing C&C:A and the older expansions #2 & #3 (not the #2 & #3 expansions that are combined in a single box in the latest printing).

What are the differences between 4th and 6th printing core, and between the original #2/#3 and their latest (combined) version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Macchiavello
Brazil
Brasília
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, the rulebook and some cards in the 3rd printing. Just clarifications, no rule changed. After that, I think that all printings are identical to the 3rd. The #2 and #3 combined expansion, does not come with a new board. The older ones eaxh came with a board, that can be combined for epic play. Now you need to buy one extra board separately for epic play. Everything else is the same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
thanks, so basically if I can get the two expansions separately then I'll also get the added bonus of an extra board? (but I don't think those expansions have the rules for that?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was not the extra board in the expansions originally supposed to be a replacement for the unmounted board in the first edition?

Either way, yeah, the original 2nd and 3rd sexpansions should have the extra boards, assuming everything is complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
EDG_ wrote:
thanks, so basically if I can get the two expansions separately then I'll also get the added bonus of an extra board? (but I don't think those expansions have the rules for that?)

That’s right, you need Expansion 5 “Epic” C&C:A for the epic scenario rules and card decks. You’re looking at around $200-300 USD for a mint copy right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls