Subject: Haunt 9 Spoiler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry E
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The doll's attack action states that it gains a might if it kills a player, does it gain a might if it kills a player when defending? Common Sense would imply yes, but someone pointed out the doll could be overpowered if that was the case. I hate rules lawyer/semantic arguments but this was a bone of contention in my group that can usually agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark MacVicar
United States
California
flag msg tools
The doll isn’t using the ATTACK action when it is defending, only when it uses the action. If it was a “Reaction” that would be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Neff
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
bemment wrote:
The doll's attack action states that it gains a might if it kills a player, does it gain a might if it kills a player when defending? Common Sense would imply yes, but someone pointed out the doll could be overpowered if that was the case. I hate rules lawyer/semantic arguments but this was a bone of contention in my group that can usually agree.

Gaining might is part of the ATTACK action. so only performing that action will result in gaining might.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.