4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming with Kids

Subject: Singing The Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Me Notyou
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you ever find that you or the young ones are singing a song when certain games are played? Perhaps an ear worm that is associated, for whatever reason to a game or a gaming experience? I have some the sapling joins-in on, some even get initiated by my little one, others I get groans as soon as I start. It seems like we have a lot of them, many I wouldn't recall until the game came out to play, but here are a few I do remember off hand.

Even if we manage to resist singing, it often will get hummed quietly during this game.
Skippity-Doo-Dah, Skippity-A

Sung to the tune of a Hooked On Phonics video that we haven't listened to in years and very barely ever watched then... suprisingly it is still in our heads because it is associated now with the game.
Prime Climb, Ba-Do-Ba Ba-Do-Doop-Be-Do-Ba

This usually results in ridiculous second verses added to fit whatever has been going on in the game or in life that day.
Skip-Skip-Skip the bo, Skip the bo my darlin'

And the most obnoxious obvious; everyone groans, even the one who sings it... but it still always seems to happen at some point during the game.
She's got a ticket to ride-a-ide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anitra Smith
United States
Auburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I more than our kids - they groan when we start singing "We Didn't Start the Fire" (during Fire Tower or Flash Point: Fire Rescue)

Eleminis is particularly good for singing... songs we've started singing mid-play:
"I am a ROCK, I am an island" (Simon & Garfunkel)
"Fiiiiiiire" (from This One Goes Out to the One I Love by R.E.M.)
"I love trash" (Sesame Street)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Small World

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time it's Brazil's turn in Imperial 2030, and someone calls out: "Brazil", everyone will respond: "lala lala lala lalaaa": (skip to 41 seconds into the video)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.