Betrayal Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: ITEM use question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Riley

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
Example: I have Book of Scripture. While carried, the character gains 1 Knowledge and 1 Sanity.

Can this happen?

I'm on a tile where there's a benefit to gain by making a Knowledge check. I make the check while I have the item.

I then DROP the item.

The next player comes onto my tile, PICKS UP the Item (to gain the bonus), makes the check then DROPs the items.

Rinse and repeat.

In BAHOTH, you can't do this since you can do ONE thing with each item during your turn. But in BL, it's one use of each ACTION word per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Items you PICK UP are collected used... but an item that grants a static bonus doesn’t have a used/unused state so this seems legit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Neff
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
DevoDog wrote:
Example: I have Book of Scripture. While carried, the character gains 1 Knowledge and 1 Sanity.

Can this happen?

I'm on a tile where there's a benefit to gain by making a Knowledge check. I make the check while I have the item.

I then DROP the item.

The next player comes onto my tile, PICKS UP the Item (to gain the bonus), makes the check then DROPs the items.

Rinse and repeat.

In BAHOTH, you can't do this since you can do ONE thing with each item during your turn. But in BL, it's one use of each ACTION word per turn.

You can still only do one thing to an item per turn, because you cannot perform actions on Used items unless the haunt instructs you to. That means that you cannot DROP a used item, and you pick up items used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct that items without an action can be passed around like you said. That has been factored into the haunt design as much as we could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.