Popular Tags: [View All]
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will send all proposal till Saturday, and send all shipments at once at start of next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this question has come up from a couple of people, cash equivalents that are sent are sent as specified. If a trader says they are covering transaction fees and/or BGG commission, then they are. If they don't specify this, then they are not.

Example:
If you are to receive a listing in which I say I am offering 10EUR, I am sending 10EUR, and whatever you get is what you get after Paypal/etc takes the fees out of the 10EUR. This would also include any costs associated with currency conversion - this is why I included a big reminder in the geeklist header about confirming the currencies that the recipient wants.

If I explicitly state that I am offering $10 including fees, then I'd have to do the math and figure out what I need to send so that you receive $10, and then send that (say, for example, I'd now send $10.61 and you'd end up with $10).

But if not specified, the default is that I am sending what I say I am sending, and the transaction fees come out of what I send.

I've never had anyone express confusion or concern about this in the prior math trades, but since it has come up I'll be adding a clarification about this to the header next time. But this is the way it's pretty much always been as far as I can recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, what's PayPal charging now to send money internationally? I know we had a discussion about it when they changed their policy to the $2.99/$4.99 fee months ago, but I think I read a more recent post suggesting that PayPal wasn't charging that much.

So for anyone who's sending money internationally now... what's the policy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
Out of curiosity, what's PayPal charging now to send money internationally? I know we had a discussion about it when they changed their policy to the $2.99/$4.99 fee months ago, but I think I read a more recent post suggesting that PayPal wasn't charging that much.

It's going to vary from country to country. It's generally cheaper to do the math to figure out the fee deductions (and account for them) rather than having the sender use the family and friends option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qasic wrote:
nbread wrote:

It's going to vary from country to country. It's generally cheaper to do the math to figure out the fee deductions (and account for them) rather than having the sender use the family and friends option.

Thanks. Is it always $2.99 or $4.99 (as the first post of this thread suggests)? Or does it vary wildly depending on the countries involved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
qasic wrote:
nbread wrote:

Thanks. Is it always $2.99 or $4.99 (as the first post of this thread suggests)? Or does it vary wildly depending on the countries involved?

The $2.99 or $4.99 is generally correct for sending money from Canada internationally using Family and Friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
qasic wrote:
nbread wrote:

Since that happened, I never have problems if sending woth "Pay for the goods" option.

And another thing, if somebody sent transaction from USA to Europe, do not use conversion $ to €. Conversion rate is really bad on PayPal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Hartmann
Germany
Osnabrück
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Math Trade: 1. German Promo Math Trade (March 2019)
Discussion Thread: 1. German Promo Math Trade (March 2019) Discussion Thread
Open for item submission: now
Closed for item submission: 23. March 2019, 20:00 CET
Closed for want list submission: 30. March 2019, 20:00 CET

The reason for a German Promo Math Trade are much higher costs for international shipping since January 2019. When you want to participate in this math trade and can't provide a german address you have to pay for international shipping, that starts around 9 to 10 Euro within Europe and 16 to 20 for international shipping, depending on the provider. So please be aware of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally, the promos trickle in 1 or 2 at a time but I received 7 promos today in the mail. That's a personal record!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in an odd boat. I am sending 4 promos to one chap in canada, he is logging in (somehow, somewhere) and registering as "on the site" but he is not accepting the three trade request attempts I have tried to get him.

I will give him a couple more tries, but it is wierd that he is not seeming to want what he won

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
porkuslime wrote:
I am in an odd boat. I am sending 4 promos to one chap in canada, he is logging in (somehow, somewhere) and registering as "on the site" but he is not accepting the three trade request attempts I have tried to get him.

I will give him a couple more tries, but it is wierd that he is not seeming to want what he won

The way I handle this is I message that person to propose the trade when they're ready (make sure you have your items in the "For Trade" state). Or let them know to message you when they're active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished all my trades today - my last 2 promos arrived in the mail.

Thanks to:

Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

for organizing another great trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my pleasure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank P.
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, all done today! Thanks Matt and all!

qasic wrote:
I finished all my trades today - my last 2 promos arrived in the mail.

Thanks to:

Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

for organizing another great trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When should I start worrying I’m not going to receive one of my trades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dsbri wrote:
When should I start worrying I’m not going to receive one of my trades?
Depends on many things: where it's coming from, what it is (size, shape) and what your partner told you when shipping it. You have two trades from the US and one from the UK. You probably should have received all of them (depending on when they were shipped). The USPS can be particularly dreadful at delivering non-standard size items* (as can Canada Post - one item shipped in a CD mailer took 6 months to arrive).

Check with your trade partner.

* it's not particularly wonderful at delivering anything really - I have more losses in the US than anywhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete & SO
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on where it comes from, be patient. One shipment from the US to Germany actually took nearly three months to arrive instead of the usual 5 to 10 business days, because it seems to have been shipped back and forth for no apparent reason. Have you tried contacting the sender?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm more concerned that it is not in the mail at all. I sent a geekmail message on the April 1st and have not had a reply but the trading partner has logged in. I probably just need to be more patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dsbri wrote:
I think I'm more concerned that it is not in the mail at all. I sent a geekmail message on the April 1st and have not had a reply but the trading partner has logged in. I probably just need to be more patient.

If you suspect there's an issue, first thing to do is to send me a GM as I stated in the header. Don't air dirty laundry in public, especially when there isn't (yet) a definitive need to.

Also, as a general reminder the "logged in" date isn't always an accurate reflection of being attentive. If a window is kept open to BGG, it's entirely possible it reflected as being "logged in" even if he/she didn't look at the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a little problem. Since 4 people contacted me (all from USA) that they still didnt received items yet. I shipped them all on 12th of March.

I dont know what to do. This is actally 1st time that item didn't arrive and to at least 4 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tadej1986 wrote:
I have a little problem. Since 4 people contacted me (all from USA) that they still didnt received items yet. I shipped them all on 12th of March.

I dont know what to do. This is actally 1st time that item didn't arrive and to at least 4 people.

If it is untracked, ask them to be more patient. It is snail mail, it may have found a salt lake in the way.

In a side note, the last letter from Slovenia to me arrived yesterday, after one month
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tequila_j wrote:
tadej1986 wrote:

If it is untracked, ask them to be more patient. It is snail mail, it may have found a salt lake in the way.

In a side note, the last letter from Slovenia to me arrived yesterday, after one month

I know it is slow. I hope that all promos arrive ASAP. So I can close this Math Trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L
Canada
North York
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tadej1986 wrote:
tequila_j wrote:
tadej1986 wrote:

I know it is slow. I hope that all promos arrive ASAP. So I can close this Math Trade.

For what it's worth, the promo you were supposed to send to me, that arrived to me in Toronto Canada about 3 weeks or so ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enigma0t2 wrote:
tadej1986 wrote:
tequila_j wrote:
tadej1986 wrote:

For what it's worth, the promo you were supposed to send to me, that arrived to me in Toronto Canada about 3 weeks or so ago.

Thank you for great news, at least Canada is covered

So only problem is USA. I know, that usually they arrive in about a month like yours (every month I send about 3 promos over the world from G4GG lottery).
In my very 1st Worldwide Promo Math trade, they need about 2months, but because that was in summertime and it was 1 bigger huriccane in States then. So it took more time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frances McGregor
Canada
The Pas
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting on my Brazil one, but the listing said it would probably take a while, so I'll just have to keep being patient. Hopefully it comes soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.