Popular Tags: [View All]
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably reading too much into this, but I'm confused by the wording on the Traitor card:

Quote:
You ignore Obstacle tokens (heroes still count as obstacles).

Use of the word "still" implies to me that heroes have always been obstacles, and they still are. However, my understanding is that heroes have never been obstacles to each other. So in what other context do heroes count as obstacles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tabicat wrote:
I'm probably reading too much into this, but I'm confused by the wording on the Traitor card:

Quote:

Use of the word "still" implies to me that heroes have always been obstacles, and they still are. However, my understanding is that heroes have never been obstacles to each other. So in what other context do heroes count as obstacles?
Enemies are always obstacles. "Ignore obstacle tokens" could then be interpreted as "ignore heroes being obstacles" without the extra note.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Colwell

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tabicat wrote:

Quote:

I think this might have been inspired by a sentence in the rulebook to the effect that "opponents" act as obstacles to each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tabicat wrote:

Quote:

Remember that before the haunt, everyone is just an explorer. It is only after the haunt that someone becomes a traitor and the other explorers are considered heroes. Everyone is still an explorer though. These definitions are important for some cards and/or haunts, at least in normal BaHotH, but most likely in Legacy as well (we've only played the first two scenarios so far).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.