Subject: Consolidated Rulebook rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Goodman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Has there ever been a consolidated rulebook made that contains the rules for all expansions and all characters? I have the Collector's Edition and quite frankly the rulebook situation is both embarrassing and miserably difficult to navigate, especially when you want to just find what one character does and have to search through 4 different rulebooks just to figure out which one they're listed in. If there's a new, unified rulebook available somewhere, I would love to get my hands on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher hasn't ever bothered to put one together, but there are some in the files section that are condensed.

The one from UniversalHead is pretty sharp : https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/150648/universal-head-tok...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Goodman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
FunForge's behavior regarding Tokaido has always been deeply frustrating to me. If someone wants to compose a full list of all characters and their abilities, I will do FunForge's job for them and design a unified, full rulebook and character list and provide a site where people can order copies of said consolidated rulebook for themselves. I'm a graphic designer and can produce a finished product that would look like it fits in naturally with the game's aesthetic and components, rather than being a homebrew alternative (all due respect to UniversalHead, who did a great job). I just want a consolidated rulebook, which FunForge should have delivered on when they designed and produced the Collector's Edition. To be brutally frank, shame on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Magalhães
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinG87 wrote:
If someone wants to compose a full list of all characters and their abilities...

What really bugs me in all the 3 rulebooks is that everything isn't ordered alphabetically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Goodman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I work full-time and barely have any time for personal projects, so if folks wanna collaborate on this project by giving me all the rulebook copy (and character copy) in the correct order, I am more than happy to start organizing it into a consolidated rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick de Maaijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's high time for a Tokaido Big Box. There are five versions of the game that are all incomplete, lacking and out of print to varying degrees. But instead of giving this game the care and attention it deserves, Funforge will probably release another half-assed edition with new art, which is the last part of this game which needs replacing(the art might even be the best part). I think I have some pretty decent ideas about how you could produce a 100% complete big box with a nice level of quality while keeping the costs reasonable, but how do you even get a serious conversation going about that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerad Clark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did this already?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155731/tokaido-collector...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.