Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys see the Dino Meeples on KS right now for DI? Wow! They look really neat, and the goat too. I'd love to get them but, for me kinda expensive. I'm sure they'd work over here too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Nightlight
msg tools
Too much dinosaur variety, and not enough of each individual meeple, I wager.

Also, I IMO the art/style of those meeples fon't suit Dinogenics well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digital Blaine
msg tools
mbmb
We already have wooden meeples. We don’t need more meeples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they look cool, but that price plus having to wait until November is a bit much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they looked cool too, but have same reservations. I don’t see how it doesn’t fit with the theme personally. They just havelrinting on them to show detail. You could make trex’s tail look more like a tail and less like ... ummm.... well ... you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like Meeple Source modified the campaign to include a package specifically for Dinogenics -- regular dinos, mutant dinos, and goats (no Corrupted DNA T-Rex?). They're a little cartoony for my taste and I won't be pledging, but I thought I'd mention that the campaign now includes a Dinogenics package.

I wonder why the mutants, which are part of the base set of dinos in Dinogenics, are separated out as an add-on in the Meeple Source campaign and why they aren't offering a Corrupted DNA T-Rex add-on. The dino they picked for a mutant actually would make a better Corrupted DNA T-Rex, they could use maybe gallimimus or spinosaurus for the mutants?

Or maybe the pandasaurus should be the Corrupted DNA dino.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up! Makes sense to do that. All the dinos (except mutant and corrupted) are here. Those I think I'd just stick with what I already have. Since we don't know what they'd look like at all and could vary drastically it makes more sense (to me) to keep them almost mystery like and blank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thinking of picking up this game.

If I were to back the KS for the Dinogennics meeples, how many KS-meeple sets would I need to get to play this game at 5 players?

Also, anyone know any online-stores that sell fence-meeples that would resemble the original Dinogenic-KS-exclusive fences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
Ninth Haven Games is not partnered with the Meeple Source Kickstarter but it looks like their “DinoGenics” level would cover you. You never need more than 6 of the each normal dinosaur and 12 mutants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordnine wrote:
Ninth Haven Games is not partnered with the Meeple Source Kickstarter but it looks like their “DinoGenics” level would cover you. You never need more than 6 of the each normal dinosaur and 12 mutants.

People need to be careful with that DinoGenics pledge, though, since it doesn't include the 12 mutants. The 12 mutants are an add-on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigiba wrote:
People need to be careful with that DinoGenics pledge, though, since it doesn't include the 12 mutants. The 12 mutants are an add-on...

Always good to make people aware but I do think they are pretty clear about it. For the mutants I still think the original ones that come with it are probably best. I don’t even think I’d want a representation of the Mutants since who knows what you spliced together to make it? Having it defined I think would take away from that one actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Herd
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
I think the meeple source ones are nice but way way to expensive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airhocky7 wrote:
I think the meeple source ones are nice but way way to expensive

I really want to get them but $ is kinda tight. I might end up dropping my pledge. Really don't want to but it is what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.