Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb

This week on War and Pieces with Rob Oren, Rob looks at the Micro Armor battle miniatures and related rule systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those micro tanks look so cool and fun! I had no idea about them. I do enjoy the toy factor of games like Memoir '44.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Rob!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael colbert
msg tools
mbmbmb
a couple of links for those interested would have been a good idea;

http://www.ghqmodels.com

would be a start for the free downloads, range of miniatures etc and then the range expands for periods other than Modern, WWII and so on backwards in history (but from other suppliers such as Irregular or Baccus)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Thur
Germany
Weitersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, GHQ offers great models in the 1/285 scale. Also worth a recommendation are CinC. Earlier CinC models were 1/300 scale. Not much difference at first glance but the smaller models stand out when placed directly near their 1/285 counterparts.

http://www.pfc-cinc.com/front_page.html

MicroArmor is easy to paint, even for beginners. Just a base colour, some dark wash and those models are ready to play. (Ok, painting infantry in 6mm takes a lot of patience.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Leonard
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow man you're hard on your minis.....LOL.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Drohan
United States
Warriors Mark
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh Command Decision....spent many an hour on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Merchant
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the enthusiasm of your video, and appreciate you posting that here. I have a firm belief more traditional wargamers would embrace miniatures if they ever actually got their hands on them and played. So much better than moving chits.

A couple add-ons to your thoughts: Naval miniatures are usually seen as 1/2400 scale (GHQ) or 1/1200, with some 1/600 and 1/300 exotics out there. Even 1/6000 ships for doing Jutland size battles. Axis and Allies minis are about 1/1800, so they don't mix well with others.

The 1/285 scale is the common scale seen in the US, but there are tons of 1/300 scale more commonly seen in the EU. I have both and they mix fairly well, though as with any miniatures, the differences in how they are made usually makes them stand out. I do like the C-in-C and Scotia made 1/300, and the 1/285 GHQ are awesome.

I'd also do a shout out for the 1/600 scale picoarmor. These are fairly new, and they are absolutely beautiful. They allow for better portrayal of modern tank combat, in my opinion. https://www.picoarmor.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.