Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

DinoGenics» Forums » General

Subject: Father in law gained 6 scandal tokens at the end of the final season rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Thompson
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
My father in law and I were within a couple victory points of each other as we neared the upkeep phase of the final season. Because of this, my FiL took a calculated risk and created a second pterodactyl with his final worker instead of getting goats (he had none).

So we enter the upkeep and he has no goats for his pterodactyl, so they both rampage. The first one destroyed the biodome, and the second one destroyed a hotel with two visitors in it. Turns out he also had two brontosaurus in his park, so they both rampaged as well. They each destroyed an additional hotel, killing four more visitors.

In the end he got a -36 during our final scoring, easily clearingy path to victory. I did feel slightly guilty because he definitely was not aware of the domino potential of his risk playing, but it was still pretty satisfying too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grenard
msg tools
publisher
Rcthompson88 wrote:
My father in law and I were within a couple victory points of each other as we neared the upkeep phase of the final season. Because of this, my FiL took a calculated risk and created a second pterodactyl with his final worker instead of getting goats (he had none).

So we enter the upkeep and he has no goats for his pterodactyl, so they both rampage. The first one destroyed the biodome, and the second one destroyed a hotel with two visitors in it. Turns out he also had two brontosaurus in his park, so they both rampaged as well. They each destroyed an additional hotel, killing four more visitors.

In the end he got a -36 during our final scoring, easily clearingy path to victory. I did feel slightly guilty because he definitely was not aware of the domino potential of his risk playing, but it was still pretty satisfying too.

Oh jeez, that's rough! My cousin had a similar disaster, but his wasn't in the final season. Once you understand how cascading disasters can hit you, you end up playing a bit different. I almost always enjoy building cheapo buildings just in case you need to destroy something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.