Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Betrayal Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tile Planks 3 and 4 Unused? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi, I know that some Tiles might not be used, but we started Chapter 3 tonight and we had to do the following and it's put us in some doubt as we may have messed something up( Small Spoilers for Chapter 2 and 3 Legacy Card Text):

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In Chapter 2 we had to blow up a room, and make the Bloody Room, we added Tile Planks 4 and 5 t o the Tile Stack and noticed that Planks 3 and 4 remained untouched. I figured that they would have only come out due to a specific haunt or path and so thought no more of it.
The beginning of the Chapter 3 Legacy Deck card had it's flavour text about people getting crushed and dying. It then said, 'Find the Graveyard and place it adjacent to the Front Steps'... Now normally we take this to search through the current Tile Stack, but it was not there. It was on Tile Plank 3.
We are now worried that the person who read some text in on a start card or Bleak Journal, missed a sentence about adding Planks 3 and 4. We were commenting during Chapter 2 as to how small the house was - not enough places to visit in the ground floor.
Upon viewing these Planks, we see a couple more ground and upper floor tiles, with many more oppotunities for Inhabitants, and also a couple of Omen cards.
We had to pop out the Graveyard, and decided to leave the rest, I don't want to add cards that shouldn't be there (perhaps there are other versions of these rooms to come?) But on the other hand, I don't want this to hinder us as we're missing 5 extra tiles with Items, Omens, Events and Inhabitans that might change the game significantly for us in Chatper 4.
Would appreciate any and all thoughts or clarification on what we should do here.

We destroyed some cards as instructed so I don't have those texts or a record of which Journal entries might inform us about them.

Should we add both planks to our game as well, before we next play?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
STOP card for Chapter 2. First instructional paragraph tells you to find and place the Hearth adjacent to the Entrance Hall and place all figures there (don't draw an event). Then punch out the tiles from planks 3 and 4 and shuffle them into the stack.

So those two planks should have been punched and added in the setup for chapter 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks you, I also got confirmation from Rob Davaiu.

We did put the Hearth out, my guess is that whoever it was reading, got that far, then we got distracted, probably doing silly voices and getting into character as we were meeting and the next part either didn't get heard or read at all LOL

Thanks for that, do you know if that card said it was to be destroyed at the end of the game or anything? I can't find it and I have been keeping anything not destroyed in a baggie, I assumed it was either that or it got caught up in some of the waste.

Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge, the STOP and PAUSE cards don't necessarily say to destroy them, but it's quite possible they would be anyway since they don't need to be saved for anything later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.