Popular Tags: [View All]
Self Appointed Senator of Good Ideas
Other-South Pacific
Coming Soon
Castle GreySkull
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I will be travelling through Montana next week. Does anyone know of game shops in Great Falls or Kalispel? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett R.
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember any in Great Falls or Kalispel, although I'm sure there has to be one in Great Falls. If you're going through Missoula, World Games of Montana is a pretty nice store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I have a lot to learn. I always thought that in Montana you shot your own game. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Razincka
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Missoula is the game town. Seriously, no other town in the state has any real shops. You will have better luck in Great Falls than Kalispell, however. Kalispell has a lot of people...but its mostly people who buy everything online. Only recall seeing a couple of small strip malls and a K-Mart in my time there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jona 3
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah, World Games is pretty cool. Except the new manager there is an idiot.... All he does is sit around playing on BGG all day...

...oh wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jona 3
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
The comic book store would be The Muse. They mostly do collectible games, RPGs, and miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Self Appointed Senator of Good Ideas
Other-South Pacific
Coming Soon
Castle GreySkull
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Missoula sounds good. In Great Falls there is a Galaxy Games but I don't know what type of store it is, not much info online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just updating this thread because it seems to be the place to look for game stores in Great Falls - other links just point back to here. I was in Great Falls this weekend, and with the fiance clothes shopping up a storm, I took my time exploring the city. What I found:

Galaxy Games is strictly arcade games... but in the same strip mall, there's a store called... Action Cards and Sports, or something to that effect. Lots of Magic, Warhammer stuff, Munchkin, Settlers, Carcassonne, Tannhauser, Twilight Imperium, Vegas Showdown, and the new Acquire.

Downtown, Amazing Toys http://www.amazingtoys.net/ had a decent selection of family and geek games. Nothing fantastic, but Gigamic games like Quarto were well represented, as well as games by Front Porch Classics. I also saw Pit, some Mayfair products, Ticket to Ride, and lots of family dexterity games.

In short, it's not a place with a huge selection, but some games have obviously got a toehold in the city. What I did notice was that most of the big box stores (Wal-Mart, Shopko, Target, etc.) had CCGs for sale near the front of the store, which was pretty cool to see - those types of games disappeared long ago from the non-geek eye in Canada . Sadly, I saw no interesting games at the big box stores - just the same Sorry, Sequence, Candyland and Monopoly drivel. Hastings had a few games as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls