BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: Looking for board game friends! - Seattle Area (Fremont/Ballard) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Vaswani
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
True to the title, just looking for anyone interested in playing the same types of games as me, typically medium to heavy Euros, but I'm up for whatever!

One sentence about me: I'm a millennial Midwesterner who loves everything games: sports, video, board, office olympics, etc... and talking about them.

Favorite Game: Great Western Trail

Location: I'm closest to the Cafe Mox in Ballard, but I'm generally willing to travel, and once I get to know you better, always willing to host.

You might enjoy playing with me if you like:

- Lots of socializing. For me, board games are more about the people I play with than the games themselves, looking forward to get to know you.
- Playing many different games in the same session (my friends often joke they've never played the same game twice with me. NOT true, but variety is the spice of life!)
- Friendly, but intense competition
- Snacking while playing (who doesn't do this?!)

Games I'm excited to get to the table:

- Root
- CO2: Second Chance
- Arkwright
- Scythe w/ Rise of Fenris Expansion
- Welcome To

Hope to game with some of you soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m on the east side myself but my game group often meets at melting top in Lynwood or my friend hosts in lake city. I’m not sure if that’s too far for
You but we’re always down for new faces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe too far for you (eastside), but we do have folks that come from Seattle: Thursday50

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Vaswani
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info, Thursdays are hit and miss for me, but I'll try to make it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Vaswani
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Lynwood is a bit far for me, but Lake City I can do. Let me know whenever you're meeting up next!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Inquiry
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Mox in Ballard is the closest shop to me- I’d love to meet up sometime. Haven’t played any of those on your to play list, but I’m always up for something new. Check through my games to see if there is anything that interests you. I’ll be busy through mid March but after that I’m down to meet up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kuhn
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey There,

I live in Queen Anne and am an omni-gamer. Right now, I'm really digging Root, Teotihuacan, and 18xx (building a copy of 1889 right now).

I'm always looking to meet up with other local gamers. Check out my collection and send me a message if you want to meetup to game.

Welcome to the area, it's a great part of the country to play games!

Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should check out Metro Seattle Gamers, which is just across the bridge from Ballard, right on the canal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Vaswani
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
MartinStever wrote:
You should check out Metro Seattle Gamers, which is just across the bridge from Ballard, right on the canal.

What are your thoughts on the Metro Seattle Gamers group? I've looked at it before but wasn't sure if I wanted to throw down a subscription fee for a game group.

Is it a fairly popular spot? Can you usually get game groups together easily?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P B
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ballard Boardgame Meetup has no fee and seem quite active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy MSG very much. They have an excellent gaming space, the people are very nice, and you can get a game of almost anything going if you ask via the group closed email. It's also easy to get something going on Fridays and Saturdays even with no announcement. There's a bunch of Euro players, some hard core military board gamers, a Star Fleet Battles group, and role-players.

There's no fee for the first couple of visits, definitely worth stopping in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashwin Kamath
msg tools
Sup Ryan!

I run a casual board game group, but am a fiend myself looking for some new gamers.

I too am a Millennial Midwesterner, who now lives in Ballard.

Ever since I came home from Pax: Unplugged, I've been wanting to get my hands on Root, Scythe, and Welcome To!

My favorite games lately have been: Gloomhaven (I think you'll love it if you haven't tried yet), Magic Maze, Pandemic Legacy Series, Resistance/Coup, Champions of Midgaard.

Let me know if you're ever keen on getting together!

DM me if interested, yo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Ma
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
this thread hasn't had a response in a few months but I am looking to find a board game group and am right in Fremont/Wallingford! If there's still room at the table DM me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb