7 Posts

Betrayal Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Roar question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Armstrong

California
msg tools
There was some confusion on the haunt where the traitor can 'roar' to attack again. There were no other instructions or cost associated with the roar. Can someone clarify for me how they use this and why there is no cost for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
It's mostly a joke. The traitor can literally roar to go again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Scott
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
There's no extra cost to the action. It's simply a special ability the traitor gets in that particular haunt. They are a berserker after all. Fighting like mad is kind of their thing.

I think the player is encouraged to literally give out a roar when using the ability, too. I know our traitor enjoyed doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
dascott wrote:
There's no extra cost to the action. It's simply a special ability the traitor gets in that particular haunt. They are a berserker after all. Fighting like mad is kind of their thing.

I think the player is encouraged to literally give out a roar when using the ability, too. I know our traitor enjoyed doing so.

I was fortunate enough to get possessed so I got to yell. Then in another game, got stuck in the room that makes you whisper. Needless to say, my table has had enough of me and my stupid voices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CheddarLimbo wrote:
dascott wrote:

I was fortunate enough to get possessed so I got to yell. Then in another game, got stuck in the room that makes you whisper. Needless to say, my table has had enough of me and my stupid voices.

Me both times as well. I literally roared, and I literally whispered. Everyone else got in on the whispering as well when stuck in those rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Armstrong

California
msg tools
Ok. Thanks. Seems like in other cases there was a cost to do something or a limiter. I get it is in the spirit of fun or the game but it could have been clarified more. Like explain in the traitor manual that they get to attack 2x for only a sound. Part of our confusion was the statement in the rules if you interpret something that makes a situation over powered then you probably interpreted it wrong. In this particular round after everyone read the section we allowed her to attack 2x so long as we seemed the roar satisfactorily expelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was quite satisfactory the first time I roared and everyone at the table looked at me like I lost my mind.

I toned down my roar after the first one. But we had fun with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.