Subject: Characters transferring to the next chapter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Meduna

Spokane
WA
msg tools
mbmb
If your character survives do they transfer over at the same physical and mental stats or do they revert back to starting position?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reset the stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Meduna

Spokane
WA
msg tools
mbmb
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Meduna

Spokane
WA
msg tools
mbmb
Don't want to spam the board so I'll ask this first in this thread. Movement isn't well explained. Can you continue to make movements between actions? For example, move two and make an attack then move one more and give an item?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suspicax Persona
msg tools
Indeed you can! You are only forced to stop moving if you draw a card from revealing a tile or run out of moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone set a hard limit on the number of times they are willing to reuse a surviving character? We just finished Chapter 2, and one of our players has had their character survive every game since the Prologue. So his character if he were to play in the next game would be something like 100 years old.

Personally, I like the idea of this character continuing on. He wants a mini in a fancy steampunk-like wheelchair to represent his character

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suspicax Persona
msg tools
Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else, but I find it great fun to keep going with a character until they die (though there comes a certain point with age where it just doesn't make sense to keep going).

One of my characters started to 13 and lived until they were 76. The best part? They were the traitor every single time. Our group still talks about good ol' Esther and her legacy of betrayal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
COMaestro wrote:
Has anyone set a hard limit on the number of times they are willing to reuse a surviving character? We just finished Chapter 2, and one of our players has had their character survive every game since the Prologue. So his character if he were to play in the next game would be something like 100 years old.

Personally, I like the idea of this character continuing on. He wants a mini in a fancy steampunk-like wheelchair to represent his character

We played it so that surviving characters past a certain age were replaced by descendants - I think the oldest character was in their late 70s? But no, no hard rule, we just discussed what we thought would be cool.

That said, I'd suggest a house rule that they're allowed to survive provided
Spoiler (click to reveal)
they continue to hold the deed to the house
. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group's basic policy is "give us a good reason why they're still alive." (Demonic pact or similar counts as a good reason. Basically make it flavorful.)

Of course, we also try to come up with good story explanations of how new characters are connected to previous ones as well. Even the time we brought in the unused family for its first session, we came up with a reason why they were suddenly involved.

There's a storytelling aspect to the game, so we put our storytelling chops to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Johnson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet of House Lothlorien was a fighter. She held onto the deed of that house from the beginning until Chapter 3 where at 123 she finally met her demise. The house and deed clearly helped aide her lifespan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a strict rule in our group that your character MUST return regardless of age if they don't die in the game.

We haven't had any character deaths in chapters 2 & 3 so three of us will be well into our 100s in chapter 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.