Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessie Dioquino
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Who decides undefined decisions?
Spoiler (click to reveal)
When there is no revealed traitor, who decides where to place a cultist and where to move a cultist? It doesnt say who does it, so our group used consensus to decide who to place and who to move. Which made it impossible for the traitor to gather three.

Actions that involve carried, rested items
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Also we had one player successfully invoke the kris, then the next player turn take the kris and successfully invoke.

They take the kris used, but invoke doesn't say the kris has to be unused so they can chain invoke multiple times a round.

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
For your first question, here's the relevant text:

Quote:
At the beginning of each player's turn: If the traitor hasn't been revealed, move one Cultist 1 tile and place another Cultist on any Landing tile. If the traitor is revealed, they do this step instead.

Another way of reading that is:

"At the beginning of each player's turn...that player moves one Cultist..."

So whoever's turn it is starts their turn by moving and placing a Cultist. This is pretty important as observing the other players can let you suss out the traitor. I was actually the traitor in this Haunt and managed to convince the other players to gather three on one tile for me. It was great!

Your second question, I could totally be wrong, but the way I read the rules, yes, you can STUDY and INVOKE with a used Kris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with Thaddeus, and that is how we played the haunt.

It seems to me that it's certain that the traitor is capable of summoning the elder thing because the cultists just keep on coming, and each player can only move one. For our group, it was pretty easy for the cultists to congregate.

I was the traitor, so I simply moved a cultist off of the landing so he's right next to it. Then on someone else's turn, they put a cultist on that landing. I had positioned myself outside to get ready to come in. On my turn, I moved that cultist back and added a cultist for #3. Then I entered the house and invoked the elder thing.

Sadly, I could never roll more than 2 movement for the stupid thing, so everyone managed to outmaneuver it. I managed to kill everyone and get the thing to guard the portal, but the sole survivor managed to stun it with a Speed attack. Then he won the game.

And yes, we interpreted that the Kris needed only to be carried. It did not matter if it was used or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.