Subject: List of scenarios by complexity? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Has anyone ever compiled and posted a list of all the scenarios from the base game and the six expansions that is sorted by *complexity*?

i.e. the most basic scenarios with no terrain, small number of troops, and no special rules or units at the top of the list, and the most complex scenarios with lots of troops, special rules and units and terrain at the bottom? Just to make it easier to pick starting scenarios and gradually increase the complexity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no list, but couldn't you just eyeball this flicking though the scenario books?

Aside from elephants, I'm not sure there is any units that are too complicated in C&C Ancients.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea! My list of the first three easiest scenarios in the base game (in order of increasing difficulty):

001 Akgragas
014 Great Plains
007 Cannae

and probably the fourth is

004 Ticinus River

A scenario is difficult if it has:

- elephants;
- special rules;
- non-trivial terrains;
- a peculiar balance of forces;

The difficulty for the last point is not in the rules but rather in the necessary tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
yeah I was thinking of making a kind of points system based on number of different unit types, any special units or environmental rules, and terrain types used in the scenario. I'll have to see how well that would work though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread just reminded me that I lost the terrain tiles to this game, so I just play the scenarios that don't have terrain. Zama is fun, and it's on the back of the playbook, and you get elephants. Play Zama.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls