Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The Pegs discuss their recent game plays including Wingspan, A Pleasant Journey to Neko, Human Punishment and many more;

2) All the Pegs review the action selection game Teotihuacan: City of Gods; and

3) Look back at Clans of Caledonia.

4) We invented a new drug.

https://bluepegpinkpeg.com/2019/03/04/episode-142-teotihuaca...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
also, I know here was the creative link winner for the last episode...or at least a snippet of the email from Calvin Cardillo.

"here is my attempt to salvage the creative answer after last episodes submissions appeared to break Robb more than his first play of his game (which we all know will be successful, even if Robb doubts it the whole way).....

My hope to return to the podcast is in this creative answer to Episode 141.....

In the beginning Robb mentioned another of unusual laws still in practice, which likely plays into the other answer as well. During the episode Robb mentioned his enjoyment in playing all things Goblins and Christina, while remembering she forgot she had played Catan, mentioned the Red Witch. So surely, laws existed in this world that controlled the supernatural (or upside down, if you will) and the internet/historical fear of the unknown did not disappoint.

In San Francisco, the city offers fortune telling permits which also goes on to offer a bizarrely inclusive definition of fortune telling that includes necromancy. In Washington, it is a felony in Skamania county to kill a nocturnal primate mammal variously described as an ape-like creature or sub-species of Homo-sapian (big foot in other words) and in the 1950’s in Nepal the US Embassy and Dept of State issued a set of rules for Yeti hunting in the Himalayas. In the U.S. you cannot sue the devil, though in 1971 Gerald Mayo tried; however, in Saudi Arabia in 2009 a family filed suit against a genie for leaving harassing voicemail messages, stealing their cell phone, and throwing rocks at them.

This may not revive the creative answer but I hope it brings it back into consideration....."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Mitchell
United States
Santa Rosa Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings! Can you post how to enter the non-creative portion of the contest?

I suppose it's not actually "non-creative" because it is a creative link...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sure, if you want to take a stab and what the link between the trivia and the episode is..

email your guess to bluepegpinkpeg@gmail.com. the Subject heading is "Trivia 142". I will pick one correct answer at random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI for Teotihuacan, in the rules on pg 8, point 8, it describes how to alter the set up for less than 4 players. Essentially you put out dummy dice. (sorry if you figured this out, but I missed it being said).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instantly purchased Teotihuacan after hearing the episode. Also picked up Clans of Caledonia since it was on sale and got me to the free shipping threshold. Got both, shipped, for $77 from Game Nerdz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sites
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noel I own both games and for $77 you are getting two great replayable games. You wont be sorry that you purchased either. Teo is just an unreal deal overall. When you open the box and see the production you'll be shocked it's only $35.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A wise move. I need to look at getting Clans of Caledonia in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Stearns
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also picked up Teotihuacan after hearing the price on this episode! Grabbed Reykholt too while I was at it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.