10 Posts

Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sample Combat 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Candy
Germany
flag msg tools

It is the Clan Activation Phase of D, who are in Attack mode.

1) D02 must move into the gap between D22 and E03.

2) Clan D must attack the two L units and also the K12 unit.

3) They get no support from Clan H and none of Can E

4) So for example the D22 attacks the L13 and L12 units

5) And the D02 attacks K12

Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, except E03 can support the attack on K12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Deniaud
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
It seems possible for D 0-2 to attack L 1-3 because the 2 are 2 mp distant(rules 6.3.1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to everything except the support.
Pierre is right, E gives support. And Gregory is right too: the Blue player can choose between moving in the gap and going on the other flank of D22.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Candy
Germany
flag msg tools
Great Support. Didn`t see that. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Using the example photo in the above if the blue h clan is activated and they were in attack would the h22 have to attack all 3 of the units adjacent to it or only 1 of them?

If h22 does attack all three are they resolved as one combat (I.e cumulative values of the L units elan and mass) or as individual combats (one combat with 1 unit at a time.

I am still struggling a bit how to resolve say 1 or 2 units in attack already adjacent (from a previous charge) to 2 or 3 enemy units. I am currently playing it that all combat values are combined for both attacker and defender and everyone that can be attacked must be attacked (but only 1 attack per unit). The only time you don’t have to attack all units in your zoc is if a non obligatory hex rule applies (but that only appies to units not in attack).

Am I getting it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your example 2 shows how you handle a 2 units versus 3.
With this example, if the clan D is activated you have two possibilities:

D22 attacks L23 and L13 while D02 attacks L12 OR
D22 attacks L23 while D02 attacks L13 and L12.

With the first possibility, you have the lodifiers right in your example.

Francois

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Francois.

If d02 charged would he also attack k12 as well as L12? I assume he must attack k12 as units must attack all units in their zoc and there is no non obligatory hex between d02 and k12

Played some more turns this evening and I must say I am loving how unique the game is. It’s as much of a puzzle as a war game working out who should move where, charge where etc to ensure the best modifiers are applied to swing the combat.

I also love the chaos of the combat. Tonight I attacked with 2 units, didnt do some simple maths before I charged and got totally destroyed with a 1 modifier on blue and 0 on red 😂 it was brutal but created one of those cinematic memorable moments I love in war games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in this example, if d02 charges it must attack all enemy in its zoc.

I am glad you enjoy the game so far !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Baroncini
msg tools
Hi all!
I have a doubt...
When you said for example "D22 attacks L23 while D02 attacks L13 and L12", D02 rolls for 2 distinct fight, the first with L13 and the second L12, or is one fight D02 VS the sum (L13+L12)?

In the second case results from CRT seems more applicable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.