Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on combat modifier example 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Peel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

I have just picked up the game and I am getting my head around the rules slowly. I am trying to u derstand the combat modifiers in example 1 in the rule book.

Unless I misunderstand the rules ( very likely!) the final result for example 1 should be +1 +4 unless li naomasa’s leadership value was actually assigned to the red dice and not the blue dice as indicated.

Am I reading it wrong?

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the result is blue +1 and red +5 as written in the rules.

Blue:
Ransen so no modifier for terrain, no modifier for units and no firearms prepared.
+1 for Naomasa.

Red:
Ransen, so mass and elan of attackers and defender (+0 +3 for the first attacker, +2 +3 for the other attacker and -1 -2 for the defender).
+3+5-3 = +5.

How do you obtain +1 +4 ?

François

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Efvehem wrote:
I think the result is blue +1 and red +5 as written in the rules.

Blue:
Ransen so no modifier for terrain, no modifier for units and no firearms prepared.
+1 for Naomasa.

Red:
Ransen, so mass and elan of attackers and defender (+0 +3 for the first attacker, +2 +3 for the other attacker and -1 -2 for the defender).
+3+5-3 = +5.

How do you obtain +1 +4 ?

François

Thanks for clarifying. I was reading it wrong and adding mass and adding elan separately. I didn’t quite pick up how to apply the combat types modifiers.

I think I see it now:

Blue die - no modifiers for Ransen for attacker and none for defender except firepower if firearms prepared (the defender is not) +1 for the allocated leadership of li naomasa

Red die - elan = 0 + 2, mass = 3 + 3, total 8 modified by defenders elan -1 and mass -2, total -3: 8-3 = +5 on the red die.

Thanks so much for helping me understand it. Thanks for replying so quickly and supporting the game with responses to rules questions. I hope you are planning to do more in this series or with the system as it seems very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I hope you are planning to do more in this series or with the system as it seems very interesting.

I second that, it's a truly outstanding system. Maybe also to republish Kawanakajima?

My one and only issue with the game is the withdrawal rule (6.6) when it's applied to multi-unit clans. I hope it's clarified or rre-designed in the next edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just another quick question. In the yamazaki battle are the reversible counters showing a red / blue silhouette of a man holding a gun the control markers for the fortress element of the battle.

It was not clear to me from the rules what those counters are for.

Many thanks

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Yes, there are some other battles in preparation: Anegawa, Nagashino and Okehazama. All three are going to be published in one box dedicated to Oda Nobunaga. Tenkafubu is going to be the title of this game. There are some pictures of prototype for the Anagawa in the image section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The control marker are use with the siege rules (chapter 15) and their use is explained in 15.4.4.
They are intended to denote where assaults (or fire) can take place between the besieger and the defender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.