5 Posts

Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leader loss confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Peel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still working my way through the rules....

I am confused by 11.10 and in particular “if the unit is eliminated it’s leader dies on a 1d6 roll equal to or lower than 4. if it’s leader dies put a leader killed marker on the unit”

Queries then..

A) are eliminated units removed from the map - I assume yes
B) if yes do you mark the eliminated and removed unit with the leader loss marker off map as a record for the purposes of scoring bundori victory points?

As a follow up question - if the immediate victory condition of Yamazaki is Mitsuhide is killed (killed is used in 19.5.1 is this the same as eliminated?) then if the unit with mitsuhide’s silhouette is eliminated but the leader does not die does that mean the immediate victory can no be obtained ? As his unit won’t be on the map anymore and you can no longer try to eliminate the unit again

I think 11.10 has some bits of the paragraph in strange places which is confusing me. The bit about marking a unit with leader killed marker comes straight after a unit being eliminated but the next part of the same paragraph talks about leadership values becoming zero.

I am thinking “why does it need clarifying that an eliminated unit with a leader killed marker has a leadership value of zero if the unit is not even on the map” 😀
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leaders can also be eliminated if their unit takes 2 hits. That's when the marker comes handy.

Regarding Mitsuhide, good question! I always assumed that if his unit was eliminated, so was he, but I may be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Deniaud
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, eliminated units are removed from map but leader can survive. If he don't survive, adjust bundori. If he survives, bundori are not implemented but unit is lost.

Markers are for units that takes 2 losses : roll a die for leaderloss. On a 1, he is dead.

If unit A with Mitsuhide is lost and Mitsuhide survive, youcan't kill him anymore. But his army have 0 Command point for the end of the game and you probably have destroyed the greatest part of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akechi Mitsuhide actually fled after his army has been destroyed. He was eventually killed, later, by bandits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.