Hide
4 Posts

Abstract Games» Forums » General

Subject: Question about game I saw in Kickstarter. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Cuervo
msg tools
Hello all, there was a game on Kickstarter awhile back that i saw and can't remember the name of. It was a small pocket sized tile-laying game with black and red x's and o's. You had to capture the most space in the grid by placing bases and flags. Does anyone know which one I am referring to? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sacco
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Sauron was not of mortal flesh, he could never again appear fair to the eyes of Men, yet his spirit arose & returned to Mordor. There he dwelt, dark & silent, until he wrought a new guise, an image of malice & hatred made visible; the Eye of Sauron.
badge
One moment only it stared out as from some great window immeasurably high there stabbed a flame of red, the flicker of a piercing Eye. The Eye was not turned on them, it gazed north but Frodo at that dreadful glimpse fell as one stricken mortally.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuzushi "Hugs & Kisses"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Cuervo
msg tools
Thank you so much. I wrote it down wrong and all I kept getting was random Japanese sites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Grider
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to chime in that I backed that game, and have played it at least a couple of dozen times since I got my copy. It's really good, and oh so portable. Before I played it I was pretty skeptical, but it hits a sweet spot for me of "actual think-y abstract strategy game, but super short filler-length game". (I think there are very few that do that combo well.) That said, every time I've pulled it out, we end up playing 2 or 3 games, because whoever I'm introducing it to says something like: "Okay, that was interesting/cool/fun, let's do it again!".

Highly recommended.

Kuzushi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls