Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate G.
Philippines
Manila
NCR
flag msg tools
mb
We were a bit confused with what we thought was a discrepancy in the text regarding the win condition.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

OVERVIEW text at the start states:
YOU WIN WHEN YOU HAVE FOUND {X} CORNERS OF HELL AND A HERO HAS THE CHALICE.

EXPLORE THE CORNERS OF HELL [MAIN GOAL] box at the end states:
When you've set aside {x} Corners of Hell and the Chalice has been found
**(it can be carried by *anyone* or on a tile)**, you win!

So, does a Hero have to be carrying the Chalice to win? Can it be on a tile? Can it be carried by the Traitor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, just not in the Omens deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate G.
Philippines
Manila
NCR
flag msg tools
mb
Is there/should there be a clarification regarding that somewhere? We gave the bolded and all caps text that said "a Hero has" the benefit of the doubt. Or a rule/guideline we missed saying the box text takes precedence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I missed the part you bolded and now I'm second-guessing myself. I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate G.
Philippines
Manila
NCR
flag msg tools
mb
It's bolded/as is in the book; the only emphasis that's mine are with the asterisks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In my opinion, it makes more sense to follow the bottom part of the win condition as it is more detailed.

It says anyone so yes even if the traitor stole or discovered it, it will count.

It also clearly says on any tile so if the omen was dropped it will still count.

Perhaps it was worded that way in the overview because someone has to discover the omen to have it, but mistakenly assumed it would be discovered by a hero, as traitors can still move to discover omen tiles and have a chance at getting the chalice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate G.
Philippines
Manila
NCR
flag msg tools
mb
We're not having a session this weekend so we have some time to wait for a hopefully definitive answer, but I'm wondering how other folks resolved theirs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the delay on this. Been traveling.

The heroes need to be carrying the Chalice. The other text is in error. I have made notes for future printings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Gass-Donnelly
msg tools
mbmbmb
Did no one proofread this game?! I’m sorry to be mean, but what could be a great game is so plagued by these kind of rules goofs. You shouldn’t have to google rules FAQ every time it’s your turn to play the game. It’s so frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.