Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Firearms prepared symbol ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Peel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
2 questions from my first game.

What is a “firearms prepared symbol” (rules ref 11.9). The terrain effects chart shows the “firearms prepared” for the dotted line for the Shingeki vs Yari Fusuma terrain as well as the up hill terrain. Neither have the same symbol (unless the firearms prepared symbol is the red arrow pointing down?)

Second question. My combat chit was drawn and I am in defense with clan c. Opposite me Across the dotted line river is 2 units from clan d. I am trying to work out if this is a non obligatory attack for me in defense. I want to attack only one of my opponents units and ignore the other.

The terrain effects chart references the dotted line but states Shingeki vs Yari Fusuma. Is this terrain only non obligatory if Shingeki / Yari Fusuma or is it actually saying “if Shingeki vs Yari Fusuma -1 on blue die, in other situations firearms prepared / non obligatory attack”.

Alternatively what situations can occur where you can be in Shingeki vs yari vs Yari Fusuma and chose for this type of terrain to be non obligatory attack?

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) There is no “firearms prepared symbol”. Use this rule for terrains that bear the “firearms prepared" words in the table of terrain.

2) this is a non obligatory attack (because of the dotted line and because clan c is not in attack). You cannot attack only one though. If you attack, the normal rules apply so all enemies have to be attacked.

3) The 3 conditions apply, according to the situation.
if Shingeki vs Yari Fusuma -1 on blue die
and / or firearms prepared
and / or non obligatory attack
They are listed the way they are only because of the layout.

4) of course, if you choose the non obligatory attack, then there is no attack and all other conditions become irrelevant.

I hope this is clearer. Else, please, ask again.

François

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Efvehem wrote:
1) There is no “firearms prepared symbol”. Use this rule for terrains that bear the “firearms prepared" words in the table of terrain.

2) this is a non obligatory attack (because of the dotted line and because clan c is not in attack). You cannot attack only one though. If you attack, the normal rules apply so all enemies have to be attacked.

3) The 3 conditions apply, according to the situation.
if Shingeki vs Yari Fusuma -1 on blue die
and / or firearms prepared
and / or non obligatory attack
They are listed the way they are only because of the layout.

4) of course, if you choose the non obligatory attack, then there is no attack and all other conditions become irrelevant.

I hope this is clearer. Else, please, ask again.

François

Francois. That is very clear now. On point 2 I assume this is because if a clan does chose to attack when in defense order all units of the clan must attack?

Thanks once again for answering my rules questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On point 2. You don’t have to attack with all the units of the clan. For each unit with a non obligatory attack, you have to choose between:

this unit doesn’t attack at all OR
this unit attacks using the regular rules.

I realize the French rules are more precise on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.