Subject: What to do with no events (calling question) spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're doing a haunt with no events. Should the investigator redraw the calling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoad Pilosof
Israel
flag msg tools
It's up to you, there is no rule specifically for it, but I'd say, to make it fair, that he should get another calling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RexMan85 wrote:
It's up to you, there is no rule specifically for it, but I'd say, to make it fair, that he should get another calling.

That's what we ended up doing. We ruled in favor of fun.

Turned out that the new calling wasn't used either, but at least it was because of the player's decisions. I was just surprised I couldn't find any questions about that here, so may this be helpful to someone else in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the callings are not at all balanced.
The gambler, for example gets used often in our games when it is out.
Others get used more or less, some hardly ever.

They are very thematic though, and add to the fun. RAW, I would say no. But again, the game is for fun. So I see no problem with what you did. Mechanically it certainly would add no issue to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was tempted to go with RAW, especially since I was the traitor. But the argument made, which I agree with, is that the haunt makes the investigator completely useless. One can argue that the Seer or the Gambler might never get used if they never roll dice, but with the Investigator, there's not even that. A vital part of their ability is completely removed.

Sometimes luck of the draw is just crap, so I understand if someone argues no. The group mostly asked my opinion since I was the traitor, and it would impact me.

I felt it was a pretty nasty haunt for them anyway even before I slaughtered them. Some of that was just good luck on my part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.