Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am glad I'll never play this haunt again as I don't really plan on joining another legacy campaign. But if for some reason you were to die do you die and add a ghost after second time you die? We had it where you don't but I feel that seems kinda pointless. Also I felt that the traitor would probably not be able to Get Omens otherwise he could get the Chalice and win due to heroes not being able to kill him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I believe the heroes are also immortal in this haunt, as every time a hero dies, the traitor's reaction is triggered and prevents them from dying.

With regards to the omen situation, there is an ongoing discussion here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2164735/haunt-29-win-condit...

Additionally, I think that you should still be able to steal the omen from the traitor by doing damage while using heirloom weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was the traitor in this one, so I didn't read the heroes' portion, but from what I understand, the point is not to try to kill the traitor. Turns out you can't, and you'd just waste resources. In haunts like these, it's ideal for the group to pursue the main goal, and that is not killing the traitor.

Since the win condition is triggered if the chalice is owned by anybody, including the traitor, or on a tile, the traitor can't keep them from winning that way.

As stated, the heroes don't die either. They get set to critical, which does suck, but it doesn't take them out of the game. It makes it harder for them to contribute to the win condition, but every time I marked a hero, I left them alone. I had no need to keep beating on them. In fact, I consulted the helm and did "2 damage" to someone already marked. Total waste of action for me. These things happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, one possible way for the traitor to deprive the heroes from using the chalice to win would be to bury it somehow.

I admit I've not seen all tiles and all cards, but I cannot think of a way by the base rules for someone to bury an omen card. A haunt's rule could change this but not Haunt 29.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.