3 Posts

Betrayal Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Omens and Burying Items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Wong
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think in the context of some actions, like when you're stealing, Omens can be treated as items or sacred items. On some map tiles or cards, you can bury an item for some benefit.

Can you bury an Omen when a tile or card says you can bury an item? If so, when you roll for the haunt, do you count the number of discovered Omens (tiles) or the number of unburied Omens to determine how many dice to roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I could be wrong and I don't have the rule book in front of me right this second, but I believe Betrayal Legacy does a good job of stating when something can be done with an ITEM and when it can be done with an ITEM or OMEN. I believe the "normal" actions of pick up/drop/give/take/steal can be done with either ITEMS or OMENS and is specified as such, so I would assume that other actions cannot be done with an OMEN unless specified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Neff
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Ayde wrote:
I could be wrong and I don't have the rule book in front of me right this second, but I believe Betrayal Legacy does a good job of stating when something can be done with an ITEM and when it can be done with an ITEM or OMEN. I believe the "normal" actions of pick up/drop/give/take/steal can be done with either ITEMS or OMENS and is specified as such, so I would assume that other actions cannot be done with an OMEN unless specified.

This is correct. you Cannot bury Omens unless a haunt specifically tells you otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.