Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Pettersson
Sweden
Höllviken
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First I must make myself very clear.
The game is an absolute Beauty, everyhing in the game is done with a very high feel for quality. Top notch.

But.... I have some problems when (trying to) opening the plastic containers. They are designed in a way to keep items inside (for a very long time). Witch is very good, but a bit frustrating when you try to open them.

Probably there is a way to open the containers in a smooth, non-spilling manner without mumbling som naughty adjectivs. But I havn't find this method yet.

So if anyone could give me hint I would be very grateful.

Yours truly

Mr Flimsy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I subscribed to this thread, because I’m very curious too. I absolutely love this game, but opening the containers is something I leave to my SO (who said it was easy but also made a nice token rainbow the other night when opening a container. And I’m glad these eggs are a little more sturdy than the ones coming from chickens )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin McGruddy
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
https://www.facebook.com/jameystegmaier/videos/1010197783295...

About 1 minute into the video is where Jamey discusses opening the containers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin McGruddy
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Or if you don't have Facebook here's a link to another forum where this topic is discussed:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/31089100
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David van Damme
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
Hold the container in one hand with the hollow lid side up. Place thumb of the other hand in the inside of one of the corners, fingers on the outside, and pull up gently.

The trick is to pull in the corner, not on the straight edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Pettersson
Sweden
Höllviken
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your help

So, lets go home again and make a new try :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
swedgamer wrote:
Thanks a lot for your help

So, lets go home again and make a new try :-)

If you still have no success you could try the 5 person method, one holding the base and the others pulling one corner each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could do what I did - replace the damn things with containers that are easy to open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidvD wrote:
Hold the container in one hand with the hollow lid side up. Place thumb of the other hand in the inside of one of the corners, fingers on the outside, and pull up gently.

The trick is to pull in the corner, not on the straight edge.

This. I had difficulty opening them at the beginning. Using this method, I have no problems. And I think they're loosening up a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a knack to opening them! It's a game in itself figuring out how.

I do like 'em, we use some with other games as well. Though I wouldn't buy any locks from Stonemaier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baggies and done. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Pettersson
Sweden
Höllviken
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horray

Yes I can !!!!!!

Happiness is opening a StoneMaier container.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
DarrellKH wrote:
Or you could do what I did - replace the damn things with containers that are easy to open.

The first thing I did was dump the containers. We just dump all the food in a bowl and all the eggs in another bowl. We use the SM containers in Scythe with the heavier realistic components, but the Wingspan components are too light and make the containers harder to manage, plus there's not a ton of benefit to separating the food and there's literally no reason to separate the eggs right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
DarrellKH wrote:

The first thing I did was dump the containers. We just dump all the food in a bowl and all the eggs in another bowl. We use the SM containers in Scythe with the heavier realistic components, but the Wingspan components are too light and make the containers harder to manage, plus there's not a ton of benefit to separating the food and there's literally no reason to separate the eggs right now.

Gave my containers away to my friend. I found them tedious to open and therefore frustrating. I replaced them with business card boxes, which work much better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.