Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi Folks,

Good news, Rick and I have made an agreement. The following is an officially agreed press release. From my point of view I am now happy with EGG proceeding with Age of Steam.

1) Whatever disputes about Age of Steam that may have existed in the past have now been resolved to both parties’ satisfaction.
2) I will no longer dispute that Eagle-Gryphon Games (EGG) is the proper successor in interest to Eagle Games, the entity I signed a Purchase Agreement with in March, 2005 conveying various ownership rights to Age of Steam; Struggle of Empires; and a game to be designed at a later date.
3) I have conveyed whatever rights I might have in Age of Steam free and clear to EGG.
4) I will not dispute that EGG is the sole and exclusive holder and owner of the rights to Struggle of Empires, Railroad Tycoon (later named Railways of the World), and Railways of England and Wales (later named Railways of Great Britain) – games that I conveyed to Eagle Games.
5) I also give my permission to Eagle-Gryphon Games (EGG) to use my name in relation to the Age of Steam (AOS) game at EGG’s discretion (e.g., on the box cover; on the rules; in advertising and marketing including press releases regarding Age of Steam; and specifically in any Kickstarter campaign, updates, comments, etc.). I realize that they are under no obligation to use my name on the AOS box or otherwise and that is perfectly okay with me.
6) I will no longer speak or write ill of Eagle-Gryphon Games, in public or in private. I will write no more BGG threads or on any other similar forum negative comments about EGG, as I have no basis to continue to do so. EGG has agreed to reciprocate. In short, we are both ready to put this behind us and move forward with our respective projects.
7) I encourage everyone with an interest in the present Age of Steam Deluxe campaign running on Kickstarter to pledge and support that production and not to feel that some obligation to me prevents them from doing so.

Martin Wallace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YESSSSS!!!

*heads to kickstarter*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Thompson
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, does this consider the "game to be named later" as complete or is that still to come?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realize the Kickstarter campaign had started, so in a way this is the best advertisement it could receive.

It's great that a huge cloud of negativity has been removed for everyone; for EGG, for Martin, for Age of Steam, for fans of AoS, for fans of EGG, and for fans of Martin's games.

This time, everyone wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Frog1 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Good news, Rick and I have made an agreement. The following is an officially agreed press release. From my point of view I am now happy with EGG proceeding with Age of Steam.

1) Whatever disputes about Age of Steam that may have existed in the past have now been resolved to both parties’ satisfaction.
2) I will no longer dispute that Eagle-Gryphon Games (EGG) is the proper successor in interest to Eagle Games, the entity I signed a Purchase Agreement with in March, 2005 conveying various ownership rights to Age of Steam; Struggle of Empires; and a game to be designed at a later date.
3) I have conveyed whatever rights I might have in Age of Steam free and clear to EGG.
4) I will not dispute that EGG is the sole and exclusive holder and owner of the rights to Struggle of Empires, Railroad Tycoon (later named Railways of the World), and Railways of England and Wales (later named Railways of Great Britain) – games that I conveyed to Eagle Games.
5) I also give my permission to Eagle-Gryphon Games (EGG) to use my name in relation to the Age of Steam (AOS) game at EGG’s discretion (e.g., on the box cover; on the rules; in advertising and marketing including press releases regarding Age of Steam; and specifically in any Kickstarter campaign, updates, comments, etc.). I realize that they are under no obligation to use my name on the AOS box or otherwise and that is perfectly okay with me.
6) I will no longer speak or write ill of Eagle-Gryphon Games, in public or in private. I will write no more BGG threads or on any other similar forum negative comments about EGG, as I have no basis to continue to do so. EGG has agreed to reciprocate. In short, we are both ready to put this behind us and move forward with our respective projects.
7) I encourage everyone with an interest in the present Age of Steam Deluxe campaign running on Kickstarter to pledge and support that production and not to feel that some obligation to me prevents them from doing so.

Martin Wallace

Groovy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
... Leave early.
mbmbmbmbmb
So. Occasionally it does snow in hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Flowood
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I happy the cloud has been removed from a fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Deaddogdays wrote:
I happy the cloud has been removed from a fantastic game.

Well, it's still being published by EGG.

Other than that, excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I would also like to publicly thank the hard work carried out by Patrick Olmstead (pjolmstead) in making this happen so quickly. Patrick has now helped me on a number of occasions and I cannot rate him highly enough, so it will just have to be a 10.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Smith
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to both Martin and Rick / all the folks at Eagle Gryphon for finding a way to put this to rest. I for one am happy to be able to celebrate one of the finest working designers, as well as one of finest working publishers in the hobby. Hope you both prosper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gibson
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is good. Happy that everyone has worked it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gómez
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
Aquí irá una frase ingeniosa
badge
No me toques los meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy to see that the dark legend of AoS is resolving satisfactorily. But I wouldn't mind to see more train games from you, Martin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Steady
msg tools
Fantastic day for gaming. I wish I could upvote this more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once in every hundred storms, something good drops from the sky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Current
United States
Carmel
IN - Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie? - Outlaw Josey Wales
mbmbmbmbmb
Frog1 wrote:
I would also like to publicly thank the hard work carried out by Patrick Olmstead (pjolmstead) in making this happen so quickly. Patrick has now helped me on a number of occasions and I cannot rate him highly enough, so it will just have to be a 10.

Martin
Tomorrow I will be gaming with Patrick. Maybe we should play a Wallace game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! This is really good news. Well done to all the parties involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Young
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I’ve always liked EGG’s products, and Rick seems to be a good guy. I also like and admire Martin Wallace for his designs and involvement in the BGG community. I’m really happy they could resolve this like two civilized, rational, adult people. I wish more people would realize that this way of working out differences is always a viable option. Kudos to the both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D'Cotta
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frog1 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Martin Wallace

I see no mention of John Bohrer. Why does this seem like the conflict between you and him is still on-going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolkster
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SilentNSly wrote:
Frog1 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Martin Wallace

I see no mention of John Bohrer. Why does this seem like the conflict between you and him is still on-going.

Let it go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SilentNSly wrote:
Frog1 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Martin Wallace

Probably because Martin's only real beef with EGG was a large financial hit he took, no I am not taking sides just stating, and if that was resolved he probably has a vastly diminished desire to be negative towards them.

On the other hand the Bohrer thing is a knife in the back, again not taking sides, that can't really be solved quite as simply.

Either way it is none of our business much like any personal wronging, it is personal and not really our place to inquire or probe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Celmins
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is really great news. I didn't think a resolution could be struck, but I'm really glad I was wrong.

Given the animosity cultivated over more than a decade, you really have to swallow your pride to reach an olive branch out and offer to settle such a long-running dispute. This is not an easy thing to do, and Martin has take a lot of flak recently.

Also, I think Rick Soued deserves credit. There was no reason he needed to come to the table, and it's much more of high road move than I think a lot of people were willing to believe he would make.

But most importantly, it's great that Martin gets closure on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Rodriguez-Viña Menendez
msg tools
Good news!!!

Are you still going with the new version of Steam with FFG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes it's just good to make some noice ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that means EGG did agree to pay that 30k?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.