Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The Pegs discuss their recent game plays including Betrayal Legacy, Racoon Tycoon, Dragon Castle and many more;

2) All the Pegs review the action selection game Forum Trajanum (weird digression starts at 2 hours and 10 minute, actual review starts at 2 hours and 13 minutes); and

3) Reroll Rising Sun.

https://bluepegpinkpeg.com/2019/03/18/episode-143-forum-traj...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here’s is a Wired article on crosswalk flags. It appears that SLC is the only place where it’s actually worked.

What’s interesting about it is that it seems the purpose isn’t really to show when someone is in the middle of crossing the street but rather that they are ABOUT to cross the street.

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/bridgeport-pedestrian-flags/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Habel
United States
Butler
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It me!

Thanks for taking the time to slot my little spiel into the episode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YamiNoSenshi wrote:
It me!

Thanks for taking the time to slot my little spiel into the episode.

For sure, my man. Thank you for all of your support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Curto
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have maybe 5 crosswalks utilizing the flag system where I live (Northern Idaho, Sandpoint). They at high-traffic crossing areas that coincide with high-traffic streets. They balance out easily because most "crossers" are daily users and they take responsibility to take extra to the other side as needed if they notice the first side has too many. Of course, any public system will be fraught with griefers.... there have been flag thefts, people who enjoy taking all the flags to the other side with them, or people who just tear the flags off the poles. Overall though I suppose the system works.... if I recall, the main issue was traffic not stopping for the crosswalks more than anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving all the flags to one side sounds like something you'd think is funny if you were drunk, but then, the next day realize it probably wasn't funny?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the whole flag thing was interesting. I can just see people being jerks with them, so it is hard for me to imagine them working.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Hall
Australia
Croydon
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems the wrong way around that it's the inattentive drivers who cause the death and destruction, but we put the onus of safety on to the vulnerable pedestrian by making them wave a stupid and useless flag.

Honestly, I think we should prioritize peoples lives higher than drivers' convenience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Curto
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flags aside, this was definitely my favorite episode since the last one, I think I had a smile on my face the whole time (and I was working!). Whether you win or not, you're certainly still my favorite podcast! (no offense TSC/BB)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Nye
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Real quick wanted to let everyone know miniature market hasForum Trajanum on sale for $ 32 .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Habel
United States
Butler
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
grimbo wrote:
It seems the wrong way around that it's the inattentive drivers who cause the death and destruction, but we put the onus of safety on to the vulnerable pedestrian by making them wave a stupid and useless flag.

Honestly, I think we should prioritize peoples lives higher than drivers' convenience.

You can thank US automakers for that. A multipronged attack in the 20s changed the script to blaming pedestrians instead of drivers.

https://www.vox.com/2015/1/15/7551873/jaywalking-history
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theophilusophical wrote:
Flags aside, this was definitely my favorite episode since the last one, I think I had a smile on my face the whole time (and I was working!). Whether you win or not, you're certainly still my favorite podcast! (no offense TSC/BB)

Thanks for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, this was the Peggiest episode ever. Big fan - this is what I come to you guys for.

Second, what was the space/4X Kickstarter game that Robb mentioned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:
First, this was the Peggiest episode ever. Big fan - this is what I come to you guys for.

Second, what was the space/4X Kickstarter game that Robb mentioned?

it is called Over Battle, think it hit KS today.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sythergaming/overbattle...

it is a hefty $179 to back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Ensign
United States
West Haven
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great SaltCon report! It was awesome meeting you! So glad you had a great time. Any chance you’ll come again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Edge

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Freedom: The Underground Railroad, I think a key aspect of every play I've had is how uncomfortable the mechanics make people. This must be a conscious decision in the game design and I think of it as a feature, not a detriment. It's a game built to encourage discussion and empathy, the education is secondary and the fun is way down the list. But that's fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andi sea
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to let Robb know that Blend Coffee Lab. is available at BoardGameBliss - it's a Canadian site, but they ship to the states (and the dollar exchange is in your favour).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Alvarez
United States
Sellersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only halfway through the show but Jeremy's "Please don't kill me flag" quip has been the highlight. Though there have been many LOL moments for sure (the mark of a good podcast).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrdigdoug wrote:
Great SaltCon report! It was awesome meeting you! So glad you had a great time. Any chance you’ll come again?

we would like to, so many factors, but it was a blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andipants wrote:
Just wanted to let Robb know that Blend Coffee Lab. is available at BoardGameBliss - it's a Canadian site, but they ship to the states (and the dollar exchange is in your favour).

hey thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Byers
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pics of this 150 journal stack, please. Are they bound with human skin? Is it written in ink from a human bone pen? So many questions. So many questions.

Robb, so what did you uncover when you sneaked (snuck) a peek at the journal in your house? Any thing juicy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
r2byers wrote:
Pics of this 150 journal stack, please. Are they bound with human skin? Is it written in ink from a human bone pen? So many questions. So many questions.

Robb, so what did you uncover when you sneaked (snuck) a peek at the journal in your house? Any thing juicy?

These are my journals from 2019.

The incredulity I faced in response to what seemed to me to be such an unremarkable assertion was a little baffling. I get the joke, I do. But I was legitimately shocked to learn that something that is part of my daily routine seemed so strange and foreign to everyone else.

I have journaled for most of my adult life. I haven't counted (or can even account for) the vast majority of my journals, but they are all spread across boxes somewhere in my house. 150 is just a crude approximation; but I expect the number is pretty close to the reality.

I journal as a creative outlet and therapeutic tool. It is a crucial part of my self care. At times, it is a vital lifeline. I use journals to make sense of complex feelings, to give myself a creative outlet, in support of other projects or endeavors. I take breaks from it, from time to time, but I rely upon the process to keep my thoughts and ideas organized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very surprised as well, Patrick. Although, I don’t journal myself, it’s sometbing I’ve wanted to do for a long time and never did for more than a day or two, consecutively.
It’s a very big part of mental health for many people. Kudos to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hayashida
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the other side of the issue - I don't think we were discounting their usefulness or the importance of self-care. I think some of the incredulity might be because:

1. The rest of us don't think our thoughts are anything of value (we're not content creators, after all. )
2. We don't have time.
3. We'd rather spend the time we do have gaming

I do not down stuff from time to time - design ideas, game notes, or other thoughts, but I just don't think I have anything that organized to always have a notebook with me. Trying to do that more, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chayashida wrote:
From the other side of the issue - I don't think we were discounting their usefulness or the importance of self-care. I think some of the incredulity might be because:

1. The rest of us don't think our thoughts are anything of value (we're not content creators, after all. )
2. We don't have time.
3. We'd rather spend the time we do have gaming

I do not down stuff from time to time - design ideas, game notes, or other thoughts, but I just don't think I have anything that organized to always have a notebook with me. Trying to do that more, though.

Totally understand and good points. And to be clear, I am not making any kind of value judgment.

I was more responding to the sort of disconnect that exists when we presume our experience is the same as others. For my part, I simple couldn't imagine not writing at least something most days. I understand that I am more committed to daily writing than most, but I really have always assumed that most people keep some kind of journal. Maybe they only write once in a while, but I always thought most people have some kind of journal.

I get they were just joking; and it was a good bit, at least it made me laugh. It just really surprised me.

Side note: Most of my thoughts are decidedly and demonstrably of no value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.