Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Stuka Joe solo method question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aleksey G
United States
flag msg tools
Hello,

Stuka Joe's rules suggest playing both side using his solo rules, but I was wondering why can't I play one side normally and another using his rules? In the end, I'm not trying to create two bots - I just need some randomness for the opponent; I'm fine playing my side...

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
They're not bots. The system is designed to add a bit of uncertainty to the manner in which a solo player usually plays (i.e., playing both sides). That being said, you can certainly play one side "regularly" and use the Solo Method to guide decisions for your opponent.

The system is excellent and an amazing boon to those of us who've played both sides of various CDG/wargames for years. It's easy to use and adds little to no rules overhead to the experience. Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several options described here.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/107756/anyone-figured-out-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksey G
United States
flag msg tools
'Bots' perhaps was not the right word, however I feel that Stuka Joe's method creates a semi automatic gameplay where available for play card selection is often less than optimal. He's method is good at randomizing the play, but I would like to have more control over one side so that I can play the game as it was designed (vs being limited to a choice of 2/3 cards out of 5-6 cards). I guess I'm just confused why he defaults to using his method for both sides...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mx22 wrote:
Hello,

Stuka Joe's rules suggest playing both side using his solo rules, but I was wondering why can't I play one side normally and another using his rules? In the end, I'm not trying to create two bots - I just need some randomness for the opponent; I'm fine playing my side...

Thanks!

There's nothing stopping you from doing that. No one is going to come to your house and take away the game if you do that.

I think the idea is that the method is for people who don't want to play both sides fully knowing all the cards. I've played that way too, knowing the full contents of both hands, and that's fun too. Doing one side or both sides with Stuka Joe's rules is just another variant of playing solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls