Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To all,

Been looking through our to play/to review stack and I have to confess, nothing is really jumping out at me. One or two potential gems on the horizon, but, for the most part, looking like a bunch of "mark of meh."

Which brings we to you, dear PegHeads. What are some new or soon to be released titles that interest or impress you. Titles you would like to hear us deep dive. For the most part, limit your response to titles we haven't discussed yet.

For example, Wingspan is impressive, but we have already talked about it. I am more looking for titles that we should be asking to receive as review copies, rather than titles that we already have that may deserve additional attention.

Thanking you all in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vannoy
United States
Shreve
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one that I don't recall being talked about by you yet but possibly has because it released at Essen is Underwater Cities. I know it is just now getting ready to deliver from Rio Grande Games so that is one that has me waiting to hear more about. Brandon from Brawling Brothers loved it but I'd like to hear the pegs thoughts too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBungle333 wrote:
The one that I don't recall being talked about by you yet but possibly has because it released at Essen is Underwater Cities. I know it is just now getting ready to deliver from Rio Grande Games so that is one that has me waiting to hear more about. Brandon from Brawling Brothers loved it but I'd like to hear the pegs thoughts too.

We have already discussed it in some depth (ha). Episodes 135 and 136.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Gentes?

Or borrow a copy of Ginkgopolis for a deep dive so we can stir up more interest and finally get that reprint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m digging Call to Adventure and Heroes Welcome at the moment.

Nētā-Tanka (Deluxe Edition) and The Crusoe Crew will be coming in April. Also, not sure if you’re fans of Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island, but the expansion Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island – Mystery Tales hits shelves in April as well.

Edit: adding Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done, a nice deluxified game from TMG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A roll and write episode!

Potential games:
Fleet the dice game
On tour
Deep water games sequel to welcome to
Imperial settlers r&w

Edit:
Also cartographers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mb
Might be worth checking out Snowdonia: Deluxe Master Set as it will be arriving shortly .
Apparently .... It should be right the way up a few train station hurt alley ways for certain players.
Although I think I may have heard you guys talk about it briefly in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New titles I'm excited to hear more about:
Newdale
Star Wars: Outer Rim
Bosk
Black Angel
Alubari: A Nice Cup of Tea

My guess is that most of those aren't close to being available yet. I'd love to hear a deep dive on an older title too. Here are some that I have my eye on that I haven't had a chance to play:
Navegador
Samurai
Taluva

Apologies if some of these have been discussed recently...I'm a bit behind!

P.S. I would love to hear a deep dive on Ginkgopolis, but with its current OOP status, I can't imagine it would make the cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In order of preference:

Anachrony (Expansion coming out)
Coldwater Crown (Expansion just came out)
Euphoria (Expansion just came out)
Endeavor Age of Sail
Architects of the West Kingdom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Edge

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You did Argent a few episodes back, Trey Chambers new game Empyreal: Spells & Steam will come out by late summer. Might be nice to get your opinions on it.

I'll be looking for the deepest dive review of the Century trilogy when that's finished.

I'm not opposed to some mark of meh reviews either. I may not always agree (*cough*Gùgōng*cough*), but I always listen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P0isson wrote:
In order of preference:

This game is my current jam...I'd love to sea this, too. <--- See what I did there? Didja, didja??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ground Floor new edition
Escape Plan
CO2 Second Chance
Another suite of small games: Piepmatz, Fleet Dice game etc
Pipeline is totally great and should release soon and I think would interest all of you for different reasons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vorpal Greatsword
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two that I'm interested in hearing more about are Coloma and New Frontiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Hickman
United States
St. Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Unplugged since... 2016
mbmbmbmbmb
What I'd love best is a review of an older title that hasn't been covered. The Princes of Florence, Taj Mahal, Chinatown, The Traders of Genoa, etc.

I'd also be keen on Shipyard, Gentes, Lignum or Brass. It's awesome to hear content creators dig deep into their library and pull out something they haven't talked about before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Alvarez
United States
Sellersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tang Garden. It's a Kickstarter that will ship in the next few weeks. Tile laying a garden that beautiful miniatures will walk across to gaze at distant landscapes. The landscapes are vertical inserts on the 4 sides of the board. It looks like an interesting mix of mechanics with a lovely theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P0isson wrote:
In order of preference:

Anachrony (Expansion coming out)
Euphoria (Expansion just came out)
Endeavor Age of Sail
Architects of the West Kingdom

Love all of these. You may have already heard these discussion, but I will also let respondents know if we have discussed some of the recommended titles in the past; just so that you can hear our thoughts (if you missed the ep). This does not mean that I don't love knowing the PegHeads are interested in knowing more or that we will not consider these titles for deeper discussion in the future.

Anachrony- Episode 95

Euphoria- Episode 14 (Side note, dammmmn that was a long time ago)

Endeavor Age of Sail- Episode 133

Architects of the West Kingdom- Episode 138
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gohawks wrote:

CO2 Second Chance

Co2- Episode 42, featured
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marshall Wells wrote:

New Frontiers- Episode 142
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KristopherHickman wrote:
What I'd love best is a review of an older title that hasn't been covered. The Princes of Florence, Taj Mahal, Chinatown, The Traders of Genoa, etc.

I'd also be keen on Shipyard, Gentes, Lignum or Brass. It's awesome to hear content creators dig deep into their library and pull out something they haven't talked about before.

Love these ideas. We try to do at least 2 older titles each year. But a suite, might be fun.

The Princes of Florence- Episode 119

Brass- Episode 51 (and others, as it is one of my favorites of all time)

Lignum- Episode 107
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to clarify, I love all of these ideas. If I cited you to an episode where we discuss a title you recommend, it is not me "um, actually'ing" you, it is just me letting you know where you can hear our thoughts, in case you missed it. Just because we have discussed something in the past does not mean we will not deep dive it in the future. As you all know, we do that very often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turner
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what's got me jumpin' out of my pants right now.

Star Wars: Outer Rim
Snowdonia: Deluxe Master Set
Pipeline
Western Legends and the expansion coming up this fall Western Legends: Ante Up
Gentes
The new reprint of Dune

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but here's a few to work with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Little
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Res Arcana
Revolution of 1828 (2p only so maybe not a deep dive but worth a look)
Claim (another 2p but worth a look)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Carter
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Releases:

Fine Sand
Futuropia

Classics:

Robo Rally
Power Grid

Hotly anticipated kickstarters:

On Mars
Barrage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Gentes
+1 for Snowdonia: Deluxe Master Set (except that's not likely to be available till July/August with no review copy likely)

GKR: Heavy Hitters- seems like the right weight & game length. I know it's more miniatures focused that the usual games but I've often wondered if my family would like playing it (me, wife, 14 yo girl, and 16 yo girl). It looks awesome. This would definitely be a different game from your usual and I've love to hear your thoughts.

Chocolate Factory- Action selection, drafting, pick-up-and-deliver. I'm not too keen on that last one but the game is about chocolate, right?

Tiny Towns - looks like a good time and weight. Right in the "family zone" and a city builder. I'm not sure what is "unique" about it compared to others though.

Inis - I can't remember if you've done any big discussions on this one. I played it once and found it enjoyable except the ending ("king maker") and have often wondered if my family could handle it. Drafting from the same set of cards each round is a lot of fun and a great twist. Even though it's 3 years old, there's a new expansion coming out, so it would be a timely review (even without adding in the expansion).

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell - Only if you've read the books or seen the Netflix show and like the IP. I don't usually like IP-based games so wondering if this might be a first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Langalore wrote:

Inis- Episode 81, featured review

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.