United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zachcarter wrote:

Robo Rally
Power Grid

Power Grid- Episode 47 (but I have long considered this one for a throwback)
Robo Rally- Episode 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pablopk wrote:
Langalore wrote:

Inis- Episode 81, featured review

Damn, thanks Patrick. I've heard all of the podcasts and should have looked it up. I'm going to go back and listen to it again to see what you thought. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cuteusagi wrote:

Navegador- Episode 69 (might be my favorite rondell game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Langalore wrote:
pablopk wrote:
Langalore wrote:

Inis- Episode 81, featured review

Damn, thanks Patrick. I've heard all of the podcasts and should have looked it up. I'm going to go back and listen to it again to see what you thought. Thanks!

No need to apologize. Thanks for letting me know about the expansion; I had no idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Liggett
United States
Celina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's it. All these suggestions and majority have been covered. Guess it's time to strike the tent poles, pack it up and ride off into the sunset!

It was a great run of reviews and banter. Time to focus on growing RobbCon and PirahnaPigcon into powerhouse travel destinations.

We will miss you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stormchaser wrote:
Well that's it. All these suggestions and majority have been covered. Guess it's time to strike the tent poles, pack it up and ride off into the sunset!

It was a great run of reviews and banter. Time to focus on growing RobbCon and PirahnaPigcon into powerhouse travel destinations.

We will miss you.

Not even close. But it is kind of insane how many games we have reviewed. It is also insane that if someone names a game that we have ever reviewed I know that we reviewed it immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Futuropia would be cool. More Friedemann Friese in general!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
Sterling, Town of
CT
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe its time to go back to doing some topics each episode instead, or at least have the review take a backseat to the topics ... go back to the gamer obsession stuff and the personality stuff that you were talking about ... I'd be really interested in that. Some more story-driven RPGs would be cool too.. the one you all did was really fantastic and entertaining. Personally, if you aren't interested in the games that you have... I'd rather you not bother reviewing them. If you're not having fun that will make for some pretty dry listening for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pablopk wrote:
P0isson wrote:
In order of preference:

Anachrony (Expansion coming out)
Coldwater Crown (Expansion just came out)
Euphoria (Expansion just came out)
Endeavor Age of Sail
Architects of the West Kingdom

Love all of these. You may have already heard these discussion, but I will also let respondents know if we have discussed some of the recommended titles in the past; just so that you can hear our thoughts (if you missed the ep). This does not mean that I don't love knowing the PegHeads are interested in knowing more or that we will not consider these titles for deeper discussion in the future.

Anachrony- Episode 95

Euphoria- Episode 14 (Side note, dammmmn that was a long time ago)

Endeavor Age of Sail- Episode 133

Architects of the West Kingdom- Episode 138

In the episode with Anachrony Robb mentioned wanting to do a deep dive on the game. Also it sounds like he was not taught all of the rules correctly based on the description of how the game ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P0isson wrote:
In the episode with Anachrony Robb mentioned wanting to do a deep dive on the game. Also it sounds like he was not taught all of the rules correctly based on the description of how the game ends.

Good point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pablopk wrote:
P0isson wrote:

Good point.

It's one of, if not my most, favorite game and I really want to hear your thoughts in particular. Also, if you all don't have a copy I'd be happy to ship mine to you - it's deluxified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P0isson wrote:
pablopk wrote:
P0isson wrote:

Good point.

It's one of, if not my most, favorite game and I really want to hear your thoughts in particular. Also, if you all don't have a copy I'd be happy to ship mine to you - it's deluxified.

Pretty sure we have a copy in our collection. I definitely could see this game getting a deep dive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wolff
United States
Grafton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P0isson wrote:
pablopk wrote:
P0isson wrote:

Good point.

Second this, plus the expansion Kickstarter is hitting in a few weeks, might be timely for you guys.

To be specific to the thread I know Patrick and Jeremy liked Newton and Everdell respectively, I wouldn't be adverse to hearing everyone's thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Eippert
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather listen to a deep dive of an older game that you know, love and have played tons of times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turner
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robb just mentioned it on Twitter, and it reminded me to add

Vampire: The Masquerade – Heritage

it got mentioned on the Essen recap, but I want a deep dive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Hall
Australia
Croydon
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nusfjord : A game I am enjoying a lot at the moment, I can't recall you covering it?

Escape Plan : An (apparently) not-to-heavy Vital Lacerda game, coming "soon":
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Werner
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to back some of the more "indie" projects I see on Kickstarter. I don't throw my money at any old campaign that isn't on the front page, but if something looks solid but it's not smashing the stretch goals and its reasonably priced, I tend to hit the pledge button to both support the developer and to roll the dice on finding a hidden gem.

Here's a couple of things that came out over the last year or two you may not have run into:

Donning the Purple - I can almost guarantee Christina won't like this. It might look like a euro with its fancy map of the Roman empire, but it is NOT. It is a three player King of the Hill game with TONS of "feel bad" and RNG. The easiest way to earn points in the game is to last a couple of generations as emperor, but the other players are doing everything they can to see to it that you do not, so they can usurp your power and try their own hand at surviving. A unique game that had a modest Kickstarter.

Clash of Steel: A Tactical Card Game of Medieval Duels - A two player card game about having a medieval duel. It's all about trying to anticipate your opponents moves. It's more about outsmarting and outlasting than it is brute force.

A.E.G.I.S.: Combining Robot Strategy Game - Squad-based tactical combat game with a heavy helping of Ultron and Gundam Wing. You can combine your squad of five robots into stronger and stronger mechs of destruction.

Some upcoming KS projects that are not quite out yet, but hopefully soon (some not-so-indie but I still don't think they've been discussed on the show, to my knowledge.)

Rurik: Dawn of Kiev - Not too many games I know of that take place in medieval Ukraine. The developers of this one made it a point to call attention to a new mechanic they're introducing with this game, "auction programming".

Posthuman Saga - Story heavy, post-apocalyptic euro. Very interested to see how this one blends euro mechanics with exploration and storytelling.

Set a Watch - Some people have complained about the name ("Set A Watch? What, like my wrist watch?"), but I backed this and I'm glad I did after playing a demo version of it at PAX Unplugged with the developer. This is shaping up to be a truly great cooperative game. It's in the vein of Sentinels of the Multiverse and Aeon's End, inasmuch as that it's a card-based game where you're a team of adventurers fighting bad guys together, but the experience is streamlined and subverted in some truly brilliant ways. I really can't wait to get this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Stutz
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paladins of the West Kingdom
Root
El Dorado
Summoner Wars (a real oldie for something different)
Keyforge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Weekenstroo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe for something different: Disney Villainous, new expansion Disney Villainous: Wicked to the Core just came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edd Crutchington
United Kingdom
St Neots
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm,

So things I am on the lookout for...

The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth
Euphoria: Ignorance Is Bliss
Dead Man's Cabal
Jaws
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell: A Board Game of English Magic
Talisman: Batman – Super-Villains Edition
Die Hard: The Nakatomi Heist Board Game
Star Wars: Outer Rim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stutzmdl wrote:

Root

Some good suggestions. Good news, we did a deep dive of Root in Episode 130.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second the nom for Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell: A Board Game of English Magic. I'd also be interested in seeing what you all think of John D. Claire's Downfall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A group of dexterity games:

Seal Team Flix
Men at Work
Flick em up

Expansions:

Concordia Venus
Caverna the forgotten folk
Dice Forge Rebellion
A Feast for Odin, The Norwegians

Or:

Star Trek Ascendancy

Cerebria

Cthulhu Wars

Treasure Island

Outlive

Dice Hospital

DinoGenics

Firenze

Sidereal Confluence

Tudors

Ganymede

The Expanse

Spirit Island

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgueni K
Canada
flag msg tools
As a big fan of Tom Lehmann, I would love to hear about Res Arcana as that game kind of came out of nowhere for me and it's been getting some interesting reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owlbear
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I just wanna play more games
badge
Hoothoot GRRR!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Some that just make me curious are:

Cleopatra & Society of Architects Deluxe Ed
Dead Man's Cabal
Oceans: Evolution
Rurik: Dawn of Kiev
Sorcerer City
Wacky Races

I know you've spoken on a few of these too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.