37 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

DinoGenics» Forums » General

Subject: Try for a retail copy or just wait til second Kickstarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
msg tools
Just got an e-mail saying that retail copies will be available soon, but it also mentioned that a second Kickstarter run has been announced.

I'm wondering if would be better to just wait for the second Kickstarter. Will the two be significantly different? Any improvements planned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Gregorio
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

The email mentioned 250 copies for the US. I have a feeling that even if I tried, I'd have to wait anyway for the 2Nd printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know about a second kickstarter until you mentioned it. As of now, only the wooden fences and the corrupted T-Rex are KS exclusives, so I don't think you'd miss out on much if you bought a retail copy. If they'd start tweaking the game, it depends on what they'll add. If anything, it would be great if they'd tackle the runaway leader issue...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odysseus X
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wooden fences are the one piece that constantly get complimented in my game. They really are a cool component. I hope that a non wooden fence would still work? what would they do? tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal McClatchey
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve asked about the fences before and I was told they are in fact included in the box. The corrupted T-Rex meeples were the only KS exclusive item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Daniels
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcclatchey wrote:
I’ve asked about the fences before and I was told they are in fact included in the box. The corrupted T-Rex meeples were the only KS exclusive item.

Yes the email says it includes all stretch goals, including fences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ekaitz banbowmn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,Will there be any changes in the second edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy now or wait until everything is sold out to find out more about the 2nd Kickstarter. Huh. Bad timing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
banjoman wrote:

Very minor changes. A couple typos made it through on the first edition that doesn’t really affect gameplay but we definitely want to correct. The biggest change is that the rulebook is getting an overhaul to improve clarity. We are currently looking into ways of offering this for existing owners of the game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Snowulf
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at: FriendlyGameNight.com
badge
Check out my blog at: FriendlyGameNight.com
mbmbmbmbmb
When're you planning to do the 2nd kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
derekmd33 wrote:
mcclatchey wrote:

That's odd... The Kickstarter page has the fences labelled very clearly as Kickstarter exclusive. Did the creators change their mind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Swingley
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mika1560 wrote:
derekmd33 wrote:
mcclatchey wrote:

That's odd... The Kickstarter page has the fences labelled very clearly as Kickstarter exclusive. Did the creators change their mind?

I don't think of this sale as "retail." This is the creators selling off remaining copies directly, and thus it makes total sense they'd effectively be KS versions, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordnine wrote:
banjoman wrote:

Very minor changes. A couple typos made it through on the first edition that doesn’t really affect gameplay but we definitely want to correct. The biggest change is that the rulebook is getting an overhaul to improve clarity. We are currently looking into ways of offering this for existing owners of the game as well.

You should definately have the German rulebook checked, as well. When preparing my German player aids, I discovered at least three issues where things were plain wrong (endgame scoring rules, several facility tiles).

Also, are you planning any rules tweaks (or optional rules) re the runaway leader issue discussed at length in another thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Really hoping that the fences become add-ons in the KS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michail tridimas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I need one set zombie t rex
I hope there is a stock to buy them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Osito
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I wasn't surprised that I wasn't able to get one of these products today, but I was disappointed that I had to enter all my personal details including credit card details before receiving the rejection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
EU copies sold out in 5 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meat Popsicle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Curious about when shipping happens for this purge of existing copies. Is it now since copies are in-hand? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Anthony Ty
Philippines
San Juan
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
Mishko wrote:
Curious about when shipping happens for this purge of existing copies. Is it now since copies are in-hand? Thanks!

Same here. Was lucky enough to score one of the 200 copies for the US market. Hope it ships soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
schild

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordnine wrote:
banjoman wrote:

Apropos of this final sale - why could I not "add on" the corrupted T-Rexes to the retail box order? I was all set to buy them but have zero interest in doing a separate transaction for a bag of meeples. :/

Also, I assume these are shipping out basically immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bailey
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was lucky enough to get one of the available 200 copies for the US. They were just about sold out last time I checked. There was still 9 copies available. Can't wait to receive and play this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
schild

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigb0420 wrote:
I was lucky enough to get one of the available 200 copies for the US. They were just about sold out last time I checked. There was still 9 copies available. Can't wait to receive and play this game.

They gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick drago
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schild wrote:
lordnine wrote:
banjoman wrote:

Apropos of this final sale - why could I not "add on" the corrupted T-Rexes to the retail box order? I was all set to buy them but have zero interest in doing a separate transaction for a bag of meeples. :/

I was able to. Not sure why you couldn't. Maybe you skipped over the add-on portion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
schild

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
defdrago wrote:
schild wrote:
lordnine wrote:
banjoman wrote:

I was able to. Not sure why you couldn't. Maybe you skipped over the add-on portion?

Are you sure you didn't switch your whole pledge over to the meeples? That's what it was forcing me to do. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the option to change your pledge, there was a separate section for add-ons. Although I passed on it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.