Popular Tags: [View All]
Cassandra Thompson
Australia
flag msg tools
Don't be a dick
badge
Your fun isn't wrong
mbmbmbmbmb
My Little Scythe is on special at my favourite online game shop. I thought I would combine postage by picking up another coop game for my kids. Trying to decide between Stuffed Fables and Mice and Mystics.

My kids are 7 & 9. Neither read really well yet (the 9yo is okay, but not well enough to scan for information). They are decent gamers (of the level of a standard 7&9yo with gaming parents).

I have watched the instructional videos, and am a bit worried that there a lot of reading required by the players (I don't mean the books reading, I will GM the game, but the player cards seem to have a lot of info on them).

Any extra thoughts would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Mannheim
Deutschland
flag msg tools
I think Stuffed Fables is a bit easier from the Rules and Storywise, you don't fight as much. I think Stuffed Fables is the slightly better game, as Mice and Mystics sometimes gets repetitive.

Both games are absolutely fantastic on the Theme department and can be very rewarding as a family experience. Mechanics wise, they both have their problems (a German reviewer said recently it's the favorite game of a friends of his because of the time he had with his son, even if the game isn't as good as other games mechanics wise). But for the mechanics department, you have My little Scythe there, so:

If it's not for their birthday and/or has to be a surprise, ask your kids which theme they prefer! That's the strong suit of both of these games anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Thompson
Australia
flag msg tools
Don't be a dick
badge
Your fun isn't wrong
mbmbmbmbmb
Incredibul wrote:
I think Stuffed Fables is a bit easier from the Rules and Storywise, you don't fight as much. I think Stuffed Fables is the slightly better game, as Mice and Mystics sometimes gets repetitive.

Both games are absolutely fantastic on the Theme department and can be very rewarding as a family experience. Mechanics wise, they both have their problems (a German reviewer said recently it's the favorite game of a friends of his because of the time he had with his son, even if the game isn't as good as other games mechanics wise). But for the mechanics department, you have My little Scythe there, so:

If it's not for their birthday and/or has to be a surprise, ask your kids which theme they prefer! That's the strong suit of both of these games anyways.

I did ask them, but it just comes down to aesthetics and theme for them (Stuffed Fables won out). But I have been bitten before buying untried games that looked and sounded great...

Thanks for your thoughts though. They were exactly what I needed. They want Stuffed Fables too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.