Hide
4 Posts

Betrayal Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Game tweaks and improvments? (Well-to-do vs. medical practitioner) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer McCulloch
msg tools
My group just finished our campaign the other day, we enjoyed it a lot.

And now I'm just thinking back about certain cards and things that could be changed to make the game play better.

So first of all, I think the well to do calling card is pretty OP. Since you can get item cards pretty easily, you can max your stats quickly. Also, it's pretty much a heal 2 ability for every item you don't want that you draw.

On the flip side, I was comparing it to the medical practitioner card and how you can only heal one critical trait per game. And that seems so underwhelming.

I suggest, either limit well to do ability to 3 times or so, or let the medical practitioner to heal every other turn or something, or make it a die roll for them to be able to heal.

What are your thoughts?
Is there any other things you might change or tweak to make a better game play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Callings generally are not well-balanced. Your choices there are:

1 - Use them as made, randomly dealt, and it's just a random part of the game.

2 - Pick and choose which Callings to keep in the deck based on generally balanced abilities (either all strong or all weak).

3 - Do some extensive rewrites to make the sucky Callings be worth having.

When I start bringing my copy to my game club for people to try, I will probably do 2. I played too many games during the campaign where my Calling was literally useless to inflict that on pick-up players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Seth, I would also suggest 2 as the easiest to implement. Boy are some of them situational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Esteban-Garcia
msg tools
Just some ideas...

Well-to-Do:
- Reduce the trait increase to 1.

- Instead of the usual effect; at any time during your turn, bury one item card to draw the top card of the item deck.

Medical Practitioner:
- Make a 5+ speed roll to scavenge for medical supplies or medicinal herbs. If successful, replace the Healing token to your calling card.

- Initially works as described. Thereafter, it can be used once per turn (without the token) as follows:

Choose a player on your tile, select a trait that is below its starting value, and make a Knowledge roll.
7+ The chosen player's trait is healed.
4-6 The chosen player gains 1 in the selected trait.
0-3 The chosen player takes 1 damage in the selected trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.