Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Abstract Games» Forums » General

Subject: Richard Moxham rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stepan Opalev
Russia
flag msg tools
Thank you, Mr. Moxham. You will be missed.

Sincerely,
stepanzo,
Morelli world champion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gowell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Belatedly reading this, and shocked by it's suddenness. Richard was extremely articulate and knew how to make his case, whatever the issue at hand. Designer of what is surely one of the ten best abstracts of the last ten years.
A great loss to this small community. He'll be greatly missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph DiMuro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, am late to chime in. Not much to say beyond what has already been said. This loss really hurts.

Part of me wants to play Morelli right now, as a way to honor mocko. The other part of me thinks it would be too painful. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
TrojH wrote:
Part of me wants to play Morelli right now, as a way to honor mocko. The other part of me thinks it would be too painful. soblue
FWIW after I read the news, that evening my wife and I played Morelli and NECNON in his memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dieter Stein
Germany
Freising
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
This is very sad. I will miss him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio De Leo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having been away from BGG for a while, I discovered this only now.

What an incredibly sad thing. Sincere condolences to his family.

He was for sure a distinctive character, even in a field full of different personalities as that of abstract games.
I had come to greatly enjoy his posts, as I do those of other "staples" of the forum (Freeling, Russ, Nick, etc.)

It is amazing how deep a connection can form with a few written exchanges, without actually knowing anything about a person: his looks, his age, his family status.
I had no idea he was 68, yet now I feel like if an old friend had gone.

And his passing away, together with that of Andy Merrit some time ago, has made me think more deeply about our transient existence and the need to enjoy what is there.

As an atheist, I can't wish anything for the afterlife, but I want to sincerely thank Mocko for what he has given us during life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Heath-Renn
United Kingdom
Islington
London
flag msg tools
235689KA
badge
Content Generation For A New Generation
mbmbmbmbmb
A sad shock. He was definitely a valuable contributor to abstract discussion and abstract design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |