steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmb
From the newletter, it looks like the new dinos will be:

Spinosaurus (land)
Gallimimus (land)
Therizinosaurus (land, never heard of this one before)
Megalodon (water)
Plesiosaurus (water)
Mosasaurus (water, not shown, but it's on the box)

That's 6 new species. The newsletter says that there will be 7 new species.
What do you think the last one will be?

I'm guessing it's another aquatic species. But what? Duncleosteus? Maybe a non carnivrous one, since megalodon and mosasaurus are both carnivores?
Maybe a dino that can live in both land and water (this could maybe be a Spinosaur thing)

Oh and off topic: A corrupted megalodon would be the most badass meeple/art ever. Make it happen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is an Icthyosaur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Purves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
My guess would be another aquatic creature. I really hope it's a Liopleuridon, those things were beasts. However a prehistoric whale would also be cool, like Livyatan melvillei.

Whatever it is I'm going to be happy, as there is already a mosasaur and a megalodon! Really loving this game and looking forward to whatever the expansion brings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Purves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
My guess is an Icthyosaur.

Oh yeah that would also be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fat Google wrote:
My guess would be another aquatic creature. I really hope it's a Liopleuridon, those things were beasts. However a prehistoric whale would also be cool, like Livyatan melvillei.

Whatever it is I'm going to be happy, as there is already a mosasaur and a megalodon! Really loving this game and looking forward to whatever the expansion brings

Don't you think the Lieoplurodon is to close to the mosasurus? I know they're different, but perhaps not different enough, and the mosasaurus has more mainstrem recognition because of Jurassic world

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Purves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Yep, I think you could be right. What I really like about this game is that all the species have unique abilities and are quite different, so the Lio is probably too much like the mosasaurus. A bit more variety is probably a good thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fat Google wrote:
Yep, I think you could be right. What I really like about this game is that all the species have unique abilities and are quite different, so the Lio is probably too much like the mosasaurus. A bit more variety is probably a good thing!

Oh yes. Variety is always a good thing.

If it were up to me, I'd have them release "dino packs" as mini expansions. Then you can mix your own deck of DNA cards for every game, or throw them all together for a less balanced, but super fun mega park game

While it's higly unlikely. I hope they throw in a couple of extra species as stretch goals. I know this expansion already doubles the ammount of species, and it would be a balancing nightmare. But it's always great with more variety The new refined DNA might also help balance things out, with more species in the DNA decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal McClatchey
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Dilophosaurus? It could spit venom which could cause scandals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmb
mcclatchey wrote:

Maybe. It has recognition from the first movie, but I think it's more likely that the 7th species is aquatic, since that's the focus of the expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mcclatchey wrote:

Except they never actually spit venom (at least there is absolutely no evidence to suggest they did). But honestly anything that adds more scandal to the game would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kenna
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a Deinosuchus and Titanoboa. My 4 year old is a dino fanatic and he's always talking about them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michail tridimas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
+for titanoboa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pye
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it be an aquatic mutant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dimetrodon

lubomirvaic wrote:
Except they never actually spit venom (at least there is absolutely no evidence to suggest they did). But honestly anything that adds more scandal to the game would be great.

I don't think they even KNOW it had the frills on the neck. All speculation I believe. No 'skin' has survived this long so determining stuff like that is theory if I recall right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Hoag
msg tools
There's a chance spinosaurus could be land and water, since the current scientific consensus is that they lived and hunted partially in water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.