DinoGenics» Forums » General

Subject: Can you recommend this game for solo play only? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aaa aaa
msg tools
mb
Hi!

I want to buy the game for solo play only. So it is worthable? I saw there are lots of scenarios! This seems to be interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Hoag
msg tools
I've only played the first of the solo missions, but had a lot of fun even though I failed. There seems to be a lot of thought put into the mission scenarios as they describe setting up your player board and the decks in specific ways to fit a particular narrative and challenge. I think you'll have a good time with this game even if you never play with other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience so far is only with the first scenario as well, and while I enjoyed it I actually found it a bit easy (it does claim to be in the manual, to be fair) so YMMV. Knowing how the game plays and all, I've read ahead to the other scenarios and they look far more intriguing and/or challenging, so I excited to carry on and anticipate good value and entertainment in the solo challenges!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grenard
msg tools
publisher
As the writer of several of the solo scenarios, I think they're generally pretty fun. Many have a trick or mechanic to them that can make it easier once you find it.

Richard also put together a Synth scenario with an AI opponent. It works quite well, and adds replayability if you're after that! You can always feel free to use the manual posted on our website along with the free Tabletop Simulator version to try it for yourself, and see if you like it.

We love hearing from solo boardgamers as well, so always keep us in the loop if you think of a particularly interesting scenario idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.