Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all.

Geeklist for the European Math Trade:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/255208/march-2019-eur...

Deadline for submitting items for trade: Monday, April 15, 2019, 18:00 GMT
Deadline for submitting want lists: Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 18:00 GMT

Best of luck and again sorry for the delay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see that you are back on-line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern Conciergerie Easylife
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
Always look on the... *sigh* ... bright side of life !
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh cool, I had totally forgotten that it was meant to happen blush But this is great.

Okay... I really need to check again how this works, technically. I remember I had messed up royally last time I participated in a Math Trade.

EDIT : so it's simple, right ? I post items in the list, and when the deadline hits, we turn to the OLWG-something to put our values and wishes, correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
I remember I had messed up royally last time I participated in a Math Trade.
plz clarify

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Base the Bass wrote:
Eawyne wrote:
I remember I had messed up royally last time I participated in a Math Trade.
plz clarify

I don't remember fully, but I think that I had received a game that was really far from the value of mine...

And how do I do to propose a game with its expansion, but not as a sweetener ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some big packages beeing offered for example Item for Geeklist "March 2019 european math trade" or Item for Geeklist "March 2019 european math trade" .

The Scythe package has a retail value of 150+€, not even considering the goodies and custom inserts...

Do these things really trade?
All I could think of is people putting in high money offers specially for these bundles - I'm just wandering if the math trade is the best place for these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Something else:
The in the Header multiple times linked geeklist Shipping Rates from European Countries is widely outdated.

Especially sending smaller Items via letters might be a problem since there have been EU-Wide efforts to only allow documents to be sent via letter (for example german post starting from 1.1.2019 "Grossbrief" or "Maxibrief" can still carry 500g or 2kg but only "documents" are allowed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TermiGator wrote:
Something else:
The in the Header multiple times linked geeklist Shipping Rates from European Countries is widely outdated.

Especially sending smaller Items via letters might be a problem since there have been EU-Wide efforts to only allow documents to be sent via letter (for example german post starting from 1.1.2019 "Grossbrief" or "Maxibrief" can still carry 500g or 2kg but only "documents" are allowed).
By all means add a comment to clarify the latest situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, try and properly link all parts of the bundle in the description text of your geeklist item. If you do this, OLWLG will then properly display and highlight the contents later on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohh, this looks so nifty 1918: Death on the Rails, I had never heard of it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:

I did now.

But please be aware that sending items via letter is supposed to be banned EU-Wide (or even Worldwide) for non-commercial shippers. This is not a german thing but a try to stop items from passing customs in letters worldwide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Slovenia if "letter" isnt normal, you must add CN22. So then there is no problems.
So if you send promo in bubble letter then they ask you for cn22, but if sent in normal letter with like Christmas card, then there is no problem.

TermiGator wrote:
enoon wrote:

I did now.

But please be aware that sending items via letter is supposed to be banned EU-Wide (or even Worldwide) for non-commercial shippers. This is not a german thing but a try to stop items from passing customs in letters worldwide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
der_mandarin wrote:
Guys, try and properly link all parts of the bundle in the description text of your geeklist item. If you do this, OLWLG will then properly display and highlight the contents later on!
yes. Properly link means Insert geek link...board game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does it work again ? Can you specify if a game is of more interst to you in some way ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
you can enter in the comment box an arbitrary number. the absolute value does not matter. the algorithm compares the numbers and sorts your preferences.
e.g. 1,2,3 is the same as 1, 10, 1000000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh okay ? Just a comment under an item with a value ? Okay. Cool, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
Oh okay ? Just a comment under an item with a value ? Okay. Cool, thanks.

No, wait, let me explain:
Usually Math Trades are set to maximise Trade number. The algorithm will only check which Game you are willing to trade for which. There is no evaluation of the order of your wishlist or any values given to games.

The values you can set in OLWLG.
They help you automatically building your wishlists. Good if you offer a number of different valued games.

1. Use OLWLG and pick your wishes.

2. Here
Add values for your own games behind "value:" (I usually use "cent values", a game I value at 20 Euro is set to Value 2000. this way I can use values like 2001, 2002 to finetune the sorting of my list)

3. In Step 4
add values for all the games you want as well (in the textbox at the end of the entrance)

4. In Step 4 up on the page click on the Arrow next to "How to assign values and auto-check boxes".

5. In the unfolding Text (with red background) click on "click here" .[/q]

Again: This only helps you building your wishlist by sorting your 40€ Games to only include other 40€+ Games on their wantlists.
There is NO evaluation of any priorities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the thorough explanation. I think that it's there that I had not paid enough attention last time blush I tried to read the various help topics and wikis but they're all clustered with so much info it's hard to get a simple rundown on the process. Your help is much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todor Todorov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi i have question, why my items is not show in step 3 and 4. Haw can i correct it .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gandalf_t wrote:
Hi i have question, why my items is not show in step 3 and 4. Haw can i correct it .

It doesn't happen immediately

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel embarassed... So far, I've seen just two games I'm interested in. How does it happen if I propose more games than what I'd be wanting in exchange ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've fundamentally misunderstood how a Math Trade works. For each one of your items, you can want any number of items, but you'll only get one of them, or none if your item doesn't trade. You will always give as many items as you receive. (one item in this case means one listing in the geeklist, which can of course be more than one game, just keep that in mind)

So it doesn't matter if you offer 1,000 items, you'll still only trade (at most) one item for each one you receive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That may be, indeed. I don't know why I can't grasp such a simple concept. I will see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Mononen
Finland
Kerava
flag msg tools
We nostalgically watch "Hocus Pocus"!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a grace period or something? It would appear OLWLG is still missing some items from the GeekList.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, half of my wants don't show up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.